FF causes audio out of sync

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Willi, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Willi

Willi New Member

Anyone else have this issue with Z9X and latest beta firmware? Every video format I have is doing it (MKVs and MP4s, DTS and Dolby, DoV/HDR/FHD/HD). the fix is always to move the audio ahead using menu Zidoo key by .5 seconds. When I stop the video and start same movie from beginning or a different move, as expected now the sound is ahead by the .5 seconds and I have reset back to zero.

Any ideas gang?

Zidoo connected direct to Denon x3700H using 48Gbps HDMI, same cable between Denon and TV. HDCP/CEC are off on the Zidoo, but I cannot disable HDCP on the Denon so I have it set to AUTO (if that makes a difference in any way.) All videos are on an Ethernet connected NAS using SMB share. I've never experienced sync issues from same NAS using Plex server running on the NAS.

2. Willi

Willi New Member

why is this thread not visible yet?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The bigger issue is that FF/RW don't work and as far as I remember, never have, so it's a bit of a moot point anyway.

However, even in their "not working" state, trying to use FF (or RW) does not cause audio to be out of sync here.

4. Markswift2003

Just a thought - you haven't got Auto Lip Sync switched on on the Denon have you?

5. Willi

Willi New Member

In fact I do.

6. Markswift2003

Try turning it off.

7. Willi

Willi New Member

I'm new to the platform and even newer to the forums. Wasn't aware of the FF/RW status. Thanks Markswift2003. You've been spot on with so many posts I've read.

8. Willi

Willi New Member

Will do. Wasn't sure which direction you were gonna go on that on. Will update.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

I try my best ;)

10. Willi

Willi New Member

No dice. Same .5 second delay that I correct using the Zidoo menu button while watching.
    No worries, now that I know this is a known "issue", i'll avoid using the features. Most of vids have chapters, so it's no issue to simply use chapter skip and just wait.

I'll just be on the lookout for a fix in the next beta for FF/RW.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022