Z9X stopped scanning and adding media automatically ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DHP, Dec 1, 2022.

1. DHP

DHP Member

Strange issue, my Z)X froze yesterday, I had to do a hard power off.

Now my Z9X stopped scanning and adding media automatically, have anyone experienced this issue and if so how did you fix it ?

I can still manually force the Z9X to scan my SMB media server, but it does not do it automatically anymore o_O

Cheers....

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

System reset??

DHP likes this.
  3. DHP

DHP Member

Well I'm trying to avoid that, because everything is set up to perfection ( besides the scanning issues ) and would like to avoid using several hours dailing everything in again, but thanks for taking time to answer my question :)

4. videobruce

videobruce Member

Understood.
    Was the problem always there before you 'tweaked' your player?

How about taking screen shots of all the menu items where changes were made? Good practice even with screens that had no changes to comprise your owners manual (of sorts). ;)

Or,
    loading a different F/W version?

DHP likes this.
  5. DHP

DHP Member

Everything was set up to perfection including scanning of my media shares automatically, the yesterday when powering down the Z9X it froze up completely and I had to do a hard reset with the power button on the back of the unit.
    After that the automatic scanning of my media shares stopped working and I have to manually scan each share to get the Z9X to add new movies and tv shows.
    I have changed nothing for a couple of months, the only thing that changed was the Z9X crashing, that's what is wird about it o_O

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

Something got corrupted.
    Didn't the hard reset clear all of your settings?

DHP likes this.
  7. DHP

DHP Member

Nope powering off the unit on the power button on the back of the unit doesn't reset anything, fortunately :)

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

Then you may have to bite the bullet and do a system reset unless someone else has a better idea.
    Take those screen shots, put then in 'your' owners manual for future reference.

How about a conflict with some other program?? Try deleting some of the less or not used programs.

DHP likes this.
  9. DHP

DHP Member

That's what I was afraid of, because I have no extra aps installed, besides the one's that comes with the stock firmware...

Thanks again for taking time to answer and trying to help me out :cool:

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Stupid question - the option is still ticked in preferences?

upload_2022-12-1_15-48-49.png

And if so, try turning it off, reboot the player, then turn it on again.

DHP likes this.
  11. DHP

DHP Member

Yes it is still turned on, but will try to do what you suggest and se it that helps :)

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Had to ask ;)

DHP likes this.
  13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Might be caused by a corrupt media file.

14. DHP

DHP Member

Corrupt media file, I'm not sure if I understand, could you please elaborate a bit further :oops: