audio drops out near end of file

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ursiel, Oct 26, 2022.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

During the last 10-15 seconds or so, the audio drops out and the rest of the film plays without audio, usually during the end credits. This has been happening for months on every firmware I've tried with many mkv files, ISOs and disc folders. What is the reason this is happening? This doesn't happen with my Dune with the same files.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Do you have to watch the entire movie to see this or can you skip to say 30s before the end and then audio drops for the last 15s or so?

Just tried skipping to the end of a movie and no audio dropout before the end.

Also tried a short (1 min) file and no dropout there either.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I can skip right to the end, or repeat it multiple times, and it does it. But it doesn't do it on every file, which is confusing. I can't make any link between when it does it and when it doesn't.

4. Markswift2003

I'd have to suspect the files - it's not something I've ever seen and not something I can replicate.

5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

And yet, those same files don't have this happen on my Dune. And this isn't just a few files. It's dozens of videos over the months. They all have issues? These are remuxes made by makemkv, and in some cases iso's or BDMV folders. Not once has this happened on my Dune.

6. Markswift2003

Do you have any small files that do it and maybe post one on mega?

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

A suggestion - run one of the MKV files made with MakeMKV through MKVToolNix and make a copy. Observe the warnings and error reporting pane, bottom left of the Job output window.