Audio issues on Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by jcdc, Oct 25, 2022.

1. jcdc

jcdc New Member

I have had my Z9X for a couple weeks now and have been dealing with this persistent audio issue since I got it. While watching movie or just in the menus, I will hear random little popping or crackling sounds. Like I will hear a single digital sounding "crack", then some time later, the same thing.

The frequency that they occur varies. Sometimes it is only every hour or so and sometimes every couple minutes. Sometimes restarting helps when they are happening frequently, but not always.

I am outputting LPCM 2-channel through HDMI and just listening through my TV speakers (TCL R635). I have messed around with many audio settings in the Z9X and my TV, tried different HDMI cables and ports, but nothing has helped. I have not been able to isolate the exact cause, but I know that it only happens with the Z9X, not with the native Roku TV apps on my TV or with my PS5.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Could this be a hardware issue?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I would almost suspect a hardware fault. Never heard about this one.
    Had an AMP once doing exactly this. Went back for repairs 2 times (no fault found) and finally was swapped which solved it.

3. jcdc

jcdc New Member

That's where I am leaning as well, based on the fact no one else seems to have this issue, plus the "popping" just sounds like faulty hardware to me. Going to return the Z9X. Undecided if I will get another one or try something else. Thanks!