Warning: Your blu-ray player requires an update in order to play this disc

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jeffy210, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Jeffy210

Jeffy210 New Member

So I went to play a BD that i had ripped via backup with MakeMKV and pretty much any BD I've ripped this way plays just fine on my 1000 Pro, however one of the discs I was trying yielded a message stating:

"Warning: Your blu-ray player requires an update in order to play this disc. Please visit your blu-ray player's manufacturers website and follow their instructions to update your blu-ray player. For additional information on Blu-ray player updates, please visit the Blu-Ray Update website at http://blu-raydisc.com/ForBestResults. Twentieth Century Fox and MGM are not responsible for the content or practices of manufacturers websites. Each manufacturer controls and is responsible for its own website."

It's my understanding that somehow the disc had flagged the player as broken/incompatible, but this had a much older AACS version on the disc. Would this require a firmware update from Zidoo or is there a method of bypassing that? I'm running 6.4.x (I need to double check my exact version). If I play it straight without any menus it works just fine

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

3. Jeffy210

Jeffy210 New Member

Thank you for that reply, but I'm confused how it's the same problem. It doesn't make any mention of an error screen, just "BD Menu problem". I see you mention "BD menu does not process correctly", and that it's a limitation that's been around for years. Can you be more specific on what said limitation is? I noticed in MakeMKV that this disc is using both AACS and what looks like BD+ for the protection scheme. Is it the latter that is causing the issue?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just read item #1
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-upto-fw-v6-4-7-40-no-feature-requests.84836/
    Seen your reported error too occasionally. Just throw them all in a big bag for now as the BD-Menu handling was never updated in years resulting in multiple pending problems.

Now that even KODI and VLC have implementations for BD-Menu processing it should be less difficult to attack this shortcoming I think? So something may be cooking?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022