HomeTheater - no updates?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by ElvisC, Jan 28, 2022.

1. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Why there are no HomeTheater updates for RTD 1296?

Not cool.....

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

3. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Thanks!
    I'm aware of the apk, however I want to avoid root my device
    Last time I did that I has issues, and installing new firmware resets everything

4. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Never rooted my playes although I would like the new poster wall update - Knowing my luck it would screw up when I root it - I think Zizoo have forgotten about us or they have dropped support for the 1296 players - last update was months ago

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I agree... it would be nice to see a concerted effort from Zidoo to keep the HT app up to date for older Z9s and X9s boxes. And, I too did not want to go through the procedure to "root" my Z9s in order to update the HT4 app. Although, my Z9s had flawless online HT4 trailer playback and my recently acquired Z9x has choppy and unusable trailer playback function. So, maybe in some instances it is best not have the latest version!

6. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I installed the latest HT version for RTD1296 from here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/ht-v4-1-79-fanart-tv-artwork-api-fix.92999/#post-169641 – I thought if Zidoo has pushed this fix out it would work without rooting the box first – its installed on all 3 of my Z9S players seems to be fine

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, I have found in the past that I could install an updated HT4 apk even though it may not have been released specifically for my prior Z9s (one time only) but then the next time that there was an updated HT4 apk, I could not load it... it would always show an error on install.... unless I suspect my device was rooted. I had to stay on that HT4 version until I got another one bundled in the actual new Z9s firmware. BTW, how has your Home Theater trailers been working prior to the newest version? And how about now?
    Thanks...

8. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Will have a look at the trailers - I can remember that they did work ok on the Z9S but not tested since I updated the HT but will have a test tonight and let you know

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Trailers don't work correctly on the Z9S with HT 79 - also on the Z1000pro they take a while to load - they did work great on the Z9S before I updated - Something I don't really use to watch trailers through the Zidoo the quality isn't that great

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ok, thanks for checking... yes it has been acknowledged by multiple people that something happened with the online trailer feature during one of the recent updates. It renders it useless. Starts with a very lengthy buffering and then can only play for a few seconds before stalling out and buffering again. Strange that the problem hasn't been acknowledged and fixed by now.

11. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

12. Diablo77

Diablo77 New Member

13. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Hi McBluna.net,
    Every time I open HT I get the message "we have detected that you have used the poster wall before....."
    I thought it is one time question only, but it is not....
    How can I avoid this?

I use your modified apk: 4.2.17

Thanks!

14. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Did you set the App permissions?
    [​IMG]

15. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Thanks!
    I will check, it is probably not correct

16. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Hi McBluna.net,
    First I want to thank you for pointing me to the permission section, indeed in was not define correctly on my player.

I'm curious about version 4.2.25,
    Why does Zidoo never provide changelogs?
    How do you know when there is a new version of HomeTheater? isn't it part of firmware release?

Thanks!