21/9 mode ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gismo31, Dec 9, 2020.

1. gismo31

gismo31 New Member

hello, i'm using the Z9X in my hometheater witch has an 21/9 screen.

Is there any chance to have a 21/9 mode ?

Before i had a Dune smart and i was able to get 21/9 for the covers with Yadis . Thanks alot

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi,

Members of homecinema-fr would like to have this option and I asked the zidoo team a few months ago, and their answer was NO

See you

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Shame is it because the chipset dont support it ?

4. OlivierQC

they didn't give an explanation, just NO.

5. gismo31

gismo31 New Member

maby if a lot of people ask ... it would be so usefull !
    does zidoo read our posts ?

6. OlivierQC

I may be wrong but they read and respond to issues that they can improve or resolve, for example for this thread, you will have no answer from zidoo, unless they want to contradict me :)

7. gismo31

gismo31 New Member

lol i really hope they make this improvement .

they only need to modifie the wall size.

8. skelton

skelton Member

I also have a cinemascope screen and would love to see a 2.35:1 mode for the GUI and posterwall.

rola likes this.
  9. Teejoo

Teejoo New Member

I’m in the process of making a choice for a media player after ripping my movie collection. I use a 21:9 screen, so a 21:9 option for the interface would is an important feature for us 21:9 users.

From the AV forum topic I understood there is a stretch option, but that only fills the screen with the same info.

The Zappiti does have a real 21:9 like Kaleidescape so it utilizes the whole screen by adding more colons in the poster wall.

Any chance this is coming to the Zidoo 1000/3000? I read above that they simply said no, but perhaps Zidoo is willing to do it now if more people request this.

Is this the place to do this?