Neo S - reproducible crash

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by dryan01uk, Apr 19, 2022.

1. muha

muha Active Member

dryan01uk likes this.
  2. dryan01uk

dryan01uk New Member

Thanks muha.

I've been playing around with my 'duplicate' library and decided to strip out all *.nfo , *.xml etc. files that have been created by various scraping programmes and regenerate just ONE *,nfo file that 'should' be ZMBC (and, I would hope, Mp6) compatible.

I also decided to try not using local file priority and allow MP6 to scrape it's own information. I've still got a few (3 folders) to convert so had 76K tracks to play with.

The scan picked up all the tracks but fell over at 42% with a 'scan error' - this works out to be around 35K tracks loaded into the database - this seems to be a recurring theme, pointing to a database hard limit - curious!

upload_2022-4-29_9-5-23.png

Again, the Bluetooth app crash when Mp6 falls over.

I'm going to keep playing around, but a combination of Roon and using the File Manager to select tracks and playlists, as recommended by Nice Monkey, is an acceptable immediate solution.

David

3. muha

muha Active Member

I amazed by you patience and commitment.

@mirror I hope you are aware of this post.

4. dryan01uk

dryan01uk New Member

No worries muha. I just like stuff that works - I'm an engineer so enjoy a challenge...... :confused:

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Devs are working on it.

@dryan01uk - I did a test on the latest test build of MP this week - my library is like yours, 124,000 tracks, all FLAC and all correctly tagged.

This build did not create the Bluetooth error, but it did give a scan error every time, however this was after all the music was scanned in.

The biggest problem is the length of time it takes - both my Squeezebox server and Linn DS will scan all tracks in less than an hour but on one occasion, MP took 8 hours to scan all 124,000 tracks.

Anyway - I've sent a debug log in and am waiting for a new build...

muha likes this.