Issue : Resume point sticking improperly

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by lawdawg, Dec 11, 2021.

1. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

When watching movies, the Zidoo player will remember the resume point, if you do not watch the movie in full. Pretty basic functionality.

If you begin watching that movie again the zidoo will begin playing the movie and then ask you if you wish to start over or continue. Having the movie playing while you wait for that prompt to go away or select start over is kind of lame, but it works. It would be preferable to ask before playing the movie, IMO. I suppose you can use text vs buttons for this prompt, which makes it less distracting.

However, if you select start over, and then back out of the movie, the Zidoo still remembers the previous resume point. It looks like the resume point that is furthest into the movie is being retained.

Looking for a solution to get rid of that bad resume point data, I figured I would try marking the movie as watched. Doing so removes the visual resume point time, from the play icon in the movie details screen. However, when you actually play the movie, it remembers the old resume point and starts playback at that point in the movie - it does not begin playback at the start of the movie. So again, the Zidoo player is not removing the old resume point data.

I have tried this on multiple movies, and the incorrect behavior is consistent.

Besides the technical problem I have relayed, I would also like to offer up a GUI suggestion/feature request. Could we have 2 buttons on the detail screen for starting payback? One for starting from the beginning, and one for resuming at the last point? If 2 buttons are considered too much clutter, how about using a long press on the play button to clear the resume point and start the movie from the begining?

Thanks for considering this feedback. I will be happy to provide more information and testing to help resolve.

Adam

2. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Here same too. I noticed it for the first time before yesterday.

3. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

It’s certainly annoying, but the easiest way around this (if it annoys you too) is to turn off “bookmarks”. Problem solved… ;)

4. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Glad to see it's not just something odd on my box, greater likely hood of it getting resolved when it's not some odd one-off that can't be replicated.

I have turned it off for now, but I find that life is interrupting my viewing habits quite a bit. So, resuming from where I left off is very helpful. A feature like this is table-stakes in the media player arena, hopefully it can get resolved in the next firmware update.

vddan likes this.
  5. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

@Markswift2003 - are you aware they will be addressing this in the new firmware coming this week? It sounds like resume/bookmarks are kind of a mess in general, but could they start by looking into why marking a movie as played does not remove the resume point data?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, this has been addressed in the latest build.

lawdawg likes this.
  7. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Very nice…. Thanks for having our backs

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

That works if you use the "start over" function at start of the movie (or left button of the remote, depending the option you choose), but not at all when you mark the movie as watched. As the function "Mark as watched" is not linked to the internal player, this last just ignores it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021