Posterwall issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Degenhart, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

Hey everyone

I have had many Zidoos over the years but I currently have a 1000 Pro

The issue is with poster wall. I originally pointed to my movies (2,700) and my tv shows (11,000) and it took a couple of days (with hang ups every now and again) but it showed to match almost 98% of everything I had. I was stoked! However....when I actually go to the poster wall page and click on any of the options (All, Movies, TV, unmatched, etc) it will start to "load" but then just show a dark gray screen after it "loads".

I removed the two sources (tv & movies) and put 6 movies in a new folder and mapped that folder only. I tried to load the same poster wall page and I was met with the same gray screen.

I waited a little bit and went back into the poster wall and clicked on "all" and the 6 movies are showing up correctly now.

So....is it an issue with too many videos? (almost 2,800 movies and about 11,500 tv episodes total) or what? If I can't catalogue my collection in its totality I am not sure that the Zidoo is the right software/hardware combo.

FYI - I was running 6.3.40 originally when the issue presented itself. I upgraded to 6.3.50_G with the hopes the new beta firmware would fix the issue but I don't believe it has...anyone else having this issue?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Another weird one...

Ok, you have a shed load of videos, but the database is SQLite so won't really struggle with those types of numbers and the posterwalls are sequential so it shouldn't really care either.

That said, I've never tested a library of that size - The largest I can put together is 1,803 movies which is all my ripped DVDs, BluRays and UHD BluRays and 3182 TV episodes.

I've never done it before, but I just set up a test box and put that lot in as sources - so 9 difference sources from 9 different NAS boxes.

It's just finished scanning, and although there are a load of duplicates, once I've scrolled through the entire wall slowly to cache all the posters, it all works as expected - no crashes, posters loading quickly etc.

The worrying thing you say is that when you first added those 6 movies after removing the original sources, the same thing happened - so I don't think this is to do with too many videos at all..

Unfortunately not knowing your network environment makes it difficult to diagnose, but it's certainly not normal..

Not much help I know, but sometimes knowing it does work in other environments can help you diagnose the problem...

3. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

UPDATE :

Zidoo support told me to turn off "parse media info" and then re-map my source and try again. So I will be doing that tonight to see what happens.

However...

I had the 6 movies populate my poster wall correctly...so I added my main movies source again and stayed in the poster wall as it was updating the source in the background. I went to play video games for an hour or two and came back to it being like 85% done (2,300 out of 2,700) and they were all showing up in my posterwall! Great! So as it was continuing to scan in the background and update my poster wall I started scrolling and noticed a movie was incorrectly matched so I long pressed and clicked the re-match option. It brought up the text input and I typed in the movie and matched it to the correct film. Hit okay (or whatever) and as it was trying to update that info it froze/glitched and put me back to the main 1000 pro screen. I clicked back on the poster wall image and then tried to go to All, Movies, Tv, etc. and they are all blank again just like before. When I go to the sources page it now shows 0/2700 matched or whatever, so I click and hit "update" and it starts to update (very fast up to 2,300 where it was when it all glitched out) BUT I still get the gray screen on all the options now and can't seem to get the posterwall to load...so it's like something happened in the process of it matching and it corrupted some files or something making it not display correctly?

Anyway - since I am back at square one, I am going to follow their instructions and disable the parse media info and run the scan again tonight before I got to bed and hopefully when I wake up in the morning it will all be there (at least the movies and then I can tackle the 11,000 episodes I have)

Yeah it is a weird one.

I had my most of library spanned across 3 drobos for the last couple of years (so at least 3 sources)

I recently moved my entire library to a Synology DS2419(II)+ (plus the expansion unit you can daisy chain to this one totaling 24 hard drives)

95% of my movies are BDMV or ISO (1080p to 4k UHD) - 98% of the TV shows are REMUX .mkv files

I have used TinyMediaManager to organize, tag, rename all of my media to match (work with) Zidoo. When I did the first scan of my full library after moving and tagging everything I had less than 15 movies unmatched (out of 2,800) and under 150 TV episodes unmatched (out of almost 12,000). That was really impressive! It just wouldn't show me the poster wall after completing the scan.

My network
    Synology NAS (2 x 1gb ports that are bonded together to achieve optimal performance and redundancy) --> Netgear Nighthawk AX5200 Router (ports 2-3) --> Netgear ProSafe Managed 8-Port Gigabit Switch --> Zidoo 1000 Pro

Alternate hookup option
    Synology NAS (1 x 10gb port) --> Zidoo

Backstory on the second hookup : I was troubleshooting a stuttering issue when playing back 4K movies with a high bitrate that would push 100MB/s or more at times. Started replacing each piece of hardware in my network until I found the culprit (AmpliFi HD router). So I replaced that router with the Netgear Nighthawk AX5200 and have no issues streaming my highest bitrate UHD 1:1 copy.

However, the second option for hookup takes the internet away from the device and matching movies/tv shows is painfully slow (I am assuming it tries to match with IMDB for a sometime before it falls back to the NFO). After an hour and a half it had matched 20 movies of my 2,700 collection. So not a viable option (plus I lose out on downloadable subtitles, trailers in the preview section, etc.)

The only other thing I can think to do, is load all 2,700 movies again and then click on the "all" on the poster wall page and then walk away for a couple hours to see if it is just struggling to populate the initial set of data? I dunno...grasping at straws...

I do have a Z9X in the closet that I could bust out to do some side-by-side testing to see if I get different results with the z9X?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  4. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've had problems in the past where messing with stuff like rematching posters while a scan is going on has crashed HT but not catastrophically so it's always opened correctly again afterwards. I've also seen that thing where the scan result returns to zero but a rescan rebuilds the database quickly and fixes it - but I mess with these boxes so much I couldn't tell you the circumstances.

When I did that scan last night I deliberately tried rescanning a load of movies that weren't identified correctly while it was scanning and didn't have a problem, but generally I'd certainly recommend letting it do it's thing until it's finished rescanning. While it's doing that it's building a database on the fly and I could see that process being easily interrupted by something else and a corrupt database could easily exhibit the symptoms you describe.

You say you use TMM to create NFOs and art etc - I must admit I haven't tried TMM in a long time, but presumably you can then set NFO and artwork precedence in the settings and scan from local resources? Have you tried that?