@ danish, english (us and uk) and polish translators [updated 21 Oct]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Inikad, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I don’t know if you are still involved in the translation project, but you all have at least 12 strings not translated in transifex for the HT 4.0 project.

For the Quick Settings project, Polish is not up to date: 19 strings not translated.

Edit: Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian and Russian are up to date for both apps.

If Zidoo release the last translations in the next firmware as expected, all the languages named here will have missing translations.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I'll be continuing Dutch as soon as I have some time; will be this week/weekend.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You’re welcome. :)

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I am translating from UK and US English, but I'm having a hard time finding some phrases/strings in the GUI.
    It's been a while, my apologies. Somebody please remind me. Are the latest translations in firmware 6.3.41 already? Or do I have to download & install a dedicated language-packet?

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

No recent translations in the official firmware for now. You will have to use the trying version of the 2 apps (link to download them in the dedicated thread). For HT, think to save your database before to install the trying app because when you will uninstall it, that will clear the data.

For Quick settings, you will also have some strings for the previous Zidoo players and all the part for the UHD3000/NEO X DAC.

If you need some help to find where is a string in the UI, just tell us its number. Be careful with some strings in english, they are not always correct vs the real function. I used to double check with mandarin in the right window of transifex to be sure (+ the name of the key), using a google translation app in firefox and selecting the text to translate.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks for the help @Inikad

I indeed thought to have come across some settings to things that I couldn't relate to (and therefor I think aren't shown in) my Z9X's menu. Will call for help when needed.

I would expect the US and UK languages on Transifex (that I am translating from) up-to-date. Should I be in doubt or whenever necessary, as for Dutch translation issues I'll put them in the thread I actually created for it some time ago.

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

They are almost up to date but to give you an example, at the top of the document for HT, there is a string named « others » in english US but « unmatched » in english UK. The second one is wrong as this « others » is used for the area filter and one of the categories and it’s talking about the « other countries ».

In Quick Settings, I don’t know if this has been corrected since I have talked about that, but 2 functions for HDMI CEC were inverted in the english US translation.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For the translations completed, Mirror asks in the official thread to tell him if your language is ready to be released in the next firmware.

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Will do, but don't the translations first need reviewing and approval by somebody higher up the linguistic/hierarchical chain?

Also, I can imagine that the translating people come up with changes/improvements through time. Can translations still be edited afterwards at transifex and will they be implemented in newer firmware again?

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I don't think that you need an approval. Most of the translations have not been revised.

I think that you will just have to inform Mirror if you update the translation. By the way, we will probably have new functions to translate in Quick Settings and HT4.0 in the future, so the languages will need some updates from time to time (for example the upcoming function about the logos that we could turn off).