Netflix apk doesn't work & how to root Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by MarcinZm, Aug 20, 2021.

1. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Hello,

1)
    I am not able to run Netflix app on Z9X. I have just purchased Z9X.
    I tried many different versions but any of them doesn't run and returns error
    Do I need to root Z9X to make it run?
    Can you paste me a link to working Netflix apk to download.

2)
    How can I root Z9X? I search over internet and I found that there is no
    official root instruction for Z9X.
    Is there any way to root it or is there any apk to download to root Z9X

Thank you in advance
    Regards
    Marcin

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

This is not a proper streaming box.
    It is more convenient with local files.
    I think it’s better for you to buy a dune RealVision 4K or an nvidia shield

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Dunes don’t support Netflix either.

4. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Does nvidia shield support Netflix?

5. leonkoum

Well, ‘official’ not, BUT it is an ‘Android TV’ and plays streaming services very well.

But here we are in Zidoo forum, and if our friend is interesting more for streaming services I think it’s better for him to look something else….

6. leonkoum

Of course it’s dose, it’s official certified player

7. Markswift2003

If you use a Zidoo for local content and a Shield Pro for streamed content you’ve got the very best of both worlds.

Manity likes this.
  8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My setup Zidoo for playing files. A PVR for recording and viewing live TV, a Chromecast Ultra for streaming services. All works seamlessly. I have a NVIDIA Shield Pro but to be honest its "surplus to my needs" They all feed my A/V amp.

9. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Can you write me if Zidoo Z9X has better video quality than Z9S?
    Will the same video content be played in better quality than in Z9S?
    I mean mainly Sony A7III camera video content. Will it be better video quality for the same video files?

10. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

11. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi Mark! Did Nvidia resolve the auto frame rate sync with streaming apps? I used to have a Shield Pro, I very much liked the upscaling algorithm, but since it wasn't able to do auto frame rate sync with Apps (Netflix and Prime, for example) I decided to sell it.

12. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

As i know, the cadency is perfect on Shield.

13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Do you know because you own and use a Shield Pro yourself with streaming apps? Because I used to have one and the issue was there and reading AVSForum's thread, the issue seams to still be there. That's why I was asking @Markswift2003 ... he owns one and has the knowledge and honesty to share with us the correct answer ;)

14. Markswift2003

No, but as far as I know it's not Nvidia's fault - I believe that apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime have gone down the path of least resistance - thinking that auto frame-rate doesn't bother the majority of users and would needlessly complicate setup for such users so they don't expose their apps to that part of the API.

I don't find it a huge issue as the vast majority of content I watch is 23Hz, so I set the interface to 4K23. But I use the Refresh Rate app when necessary, and although it doesn't work as seamlessly as it should, it's easy enough to call on when the occasion 25Hz or 60Hz content comes along.

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Thank you Mark... and I agree with you on the issue probably not being Nvidia's fault (the same happens also with other devices). My search for an all around strict streaming device continues (most have problems with frame rates, some with HDR / SDR, others with multichannel and object audio...it's a real nightmare!)