Auto-play movie instead of fanart?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kurt, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

About 10 years ago I had a player that started to play the movie as you were browsing the library.
    It was a really nice feature to have instead of looking at a still image of fanart.
    There was a small window area where the file played... browse down to the next movie and then that window would update and play the next one.. etc..

Is there any way this could work in HT4?
    Maybe this should be a feature request?

Anyway, the only 'problem' with this was it played the movie from the beginning.. it would have been better if it started playing the movie 10 minutes or something into the move, so you had a better idea of what the movie is about.

2. Kurt

Kurt Member

Yes, similar to playing a trailer bit it would play the movie file itself.
    So this could be as a 'replacement' for playing a trailer and fanart as well..

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

Not sure what direct play does, I'll need to look at it

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

A bit more info on this...
    I didn't need to click on the move to play it (like you would a trailer) , it just started to play.
    So as you browsed the library, instead of seeing the background fan art that auto loads, you'd see the actual movie playing

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Kurt
    Sorry I remove post about direct play is not your request.
    Is was some RTD1186 player with option to get movie preview in windows, then select windows to get in the movie.
    If I remember right Netflix TV have similar implementation for resume movie on Nvidia shield/Firestick.

As Mabon suggest will nice to be inside of trailers windows, a main problems what I see is when going from windows to full screen resolution/framerate need to follow the settings then will get HDMI resync.

LE:Request look simple but in case if are multiple version (4K, 3DBD-ISO, 1080p) will need to follow selection? For TV series moving left/right between episode will switch preview too? And other what now I don't come in the mind now.

Zidoo research team maybe will surprise us with some solution/option.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Mabon likes this.