ZIDOO media player - Frame rate issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Eran Rosenberg, Aug 30, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

23.975 play fine for me. i play allot of movies.tv shows. anime. i have 2 TB of media and i watch every night for around 2 hours.

the frame rate setting already exist , its " auto frame rate " its on by default if i remember right. ( with RK codec ON ) , you can also try it with the option off ( with RK codec on ) usually those settings have impact on video playback.

you can also try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semperpax.spmc16&hl=ro . witch is more like a pure kodi ( but does not interfere with ZDMC like kodi does. )

if you want link me the video you are testing with. and will test it on my box. so we can have a final verdict :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  2. Eran Rosenberg

Eran Rosenberg New Member

I've already tried SPMC, it works the same as ZDMC at best and there's no more support on the Rockchip.

I would have sent you a link to an example video, but there is no particular one as it occurred on all videos (even 24 FPS).
    It's just most noticeable on a 23.976 FPS and that's why I insist that there is a problem with the auto frame rate switching.
    The problem is that it's very hard to explain/demonstrate since it requires a progressive video playback in order to see the video stuttering/lags/out of sync (depends on the other settings such as v-sync and other options on ZDMC and also the resolution and FPS on the main device settings).

By saying that the frame rate is fine, you mean that none of the issues I've mentioned occured to you?
    Are there any special settings on the box I've missed?

I still don't understand why there is no option to force 24p on 3D movies and on the new "X9S" model but not on this model.
    I don't mind waiting patiently for an update but you sound like you don't have any plans for addressing these issues.

I don't want to rush into replacing the box if it's a software issue.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first thing first. i don't work for zidoo. i'm a normal user like you. with some experience with the box. i can't fix anything directly. Also you are the only one on latest firmware with shutter/lag playback. i'm just trying to figure out with you why the box is not working as intended. i know it can.

what you are describing sound like version 1.0.34 bugs. that were fixed in 1.0.36. ( a wipe was needed for me to be able to play with no problems ) but that was just for ZDMC. you say problem also happens with zidoo own player ( the mediacenter ), or any other player, that never happen to me.

As i told you before. THERE IS A OPTION to switch the FPS. its in settings/video/playback/adjust display refresh rate. and yes. when i say frame rate is fine. i have no playback problems. all is smooth. no audio delay.

Other then reflashing the firmware. i'm out of options to give you. If you want to do that. you can use this guide : http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/11/how-to-flash-zidoo-x6-pro-box/ , you will need a usb male to male OTG cable to reflash 1.0.40 version. See if that helps you.

P.S. i'm not responsible if you brick the box. there is also a thread on this forum about flashing the box. make sure you read it and do all the steps needed for a successful flash

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. Eran Rosenberg

OK. Thanks for clear this up. I really thought you are a Zidoo employee and I do appriciate your concern and fast responses.

About the "adjust display refresh rate", I've already tried that, it caused a serious delay in the video output while the audio output played normaly and endded up in a bad out of sync issue.

Is there an alternative to the usb male to male cable? I don't have this cable right now...
    If I download the full 1.0.40 version and istall, will it work?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You can make a otg cable from 2 micro usb ones. Google it.
    A reflash and a update are not the same thing. You are rewriting the os. Some users fixed different strange bugs with a reflash. So this is last solution i know.

6. Eran Rosenberg

OK I'll try that & I'll let you know if that's helped!

I would like to thank you again for you consistent support and patience! :)

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Just make sure you read the instruction. Flashing a box can damage it if done unproperly

8. Eran Rosenberg

OK. Thanks again

9. Eran Rosenberg

HaoSs,

I've tried to flash the box and to apply full update to the current firmware build.
    I had no success on both tries.

Do you know if there is a way to contact the developers?
    Is there any way to submit bugs about the issues I'm facing?

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

The flash faild or what? Other then forum i dont know how you can contact them

11. Eran Rosenberg

Flash succeeded, issues remained... :(
    But I don't see them replying here...

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if one did. it will tell you to use the warranty and change it . its definitely not a software problem

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

any update on this ? did you change it ?

14. Eran Rosenberg

Hi, thanks for your concern.
    I've emailed the support to get an official answer for these issues.
    Nothing new yet...

15. Przem

Przem New Member

Hi, actually I think Eran is right about the auto frame rate switching not working correctly. I'm experiencing the same A/V sync issues when using the auto frame rate feature with RK codec - and BTW this option is off by default (v.1.0.40). When I'm playing a 23.976 video with auto frame rate feature on, the refresh rate changes to 24Hz and the video starts with A/V in sync (I've set up a 5sec delay on frame rate change) , but in time the A/V sync is lost. The workaround for now seems to be disabling the RK codec or setting the 24Hz refresh rate manually (using the display button on a remote) after the video has started (this method requires to pause the video for a moment to get the audio back in sync). The strange thing is that I observed getting the A/V video out of sync also with the 24Hz set up manually through the box settings and the auto frame rate feature off. This is definitively a software issue - Zidoo can you please fix this.

PS. This is true for a Full HD TV set - I'm not sure if it's the same for 4K.

nice159 likes this.
  16. Przem

Przem New Member

OK - I've been able to fix it myself : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/fix-for-zdmc-audio-video-out-of-sync.3338/
    hopefully the Zidoo team can take it from there.