No sound from ACC Multichannel audio transcoded mkv fles

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by chiquito3, Jun 24, 2021.

1. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Has anyone had this problem since the last firmware update?
    I can't get audio from MKV files transcoded with ACC Multichannel audio.
    I don't remember having this issue before.
    My receiver is a Denon X6400H.
    Please advice.

Note: just noticed there is a newer firmware. The one with the issue is the one before that one. Will check later if this last one fix the problem.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

I did installed the latest but still have no sound from ACC Multichannel audio encoded MKV files. Any advice?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That will be treated as "Multi Channel In" by the Denon - have you checked the Volume Control on the Zidoo?

chiquito3 likes this.
  4. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Hello and thanks for the reply Markswift2003!
    Volume level is ok in the Zidoo because I can hear other files with no problem. The issue only happens with mkv files encoded with AAC Multichannel since recently. I can play the files with my 4K FireStick using Plex App without doing any transcoding on the server but I prefer to use the Zidoo as the player because is less problematic than Plex.
    I included the MediaInfo of one of the files that cant get audio from the Z9S. Any ideas about what might be the problem?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

Other files, AC3, DTS, TrueHD etc will be fine because they are bitstreamed so the Zidoo volume control has no bearing on them.

Humour me - press the volume up on the Zidoo remote and make sure it's not set to zero.

chiquito3 likes this.
  6. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

I just confirmed that the issue is something new! Because I experimented with a file I saw and heard before with no problems and now there is no audio.
    The receiver recognizes the file audio format as PCM so I understand the issue is with PCM format files. I think that maybe there is something that I did to the settings but don't know what. Please help!

7. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Oh My GOD!!!! You were right from the start!!!!!!!
    It was the Zidoo volume!
    I have no idea how it got down all the way because I don't ever use the Zidoo volume.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Kind of knew it - I’ve done it myself a few times ;)

chiquito3 likes this.
  9. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Once again Mark: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!