No Audio output via HDMI but audio via bluetooth

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by zacthecat, Oct 25, 2016.

1. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

I am hoping someone can help.
    I have a setup X6 > Sony AV > TV. Other than the audio synch issue (usually OK with -250 ms) the box has been working great. (on current fw)
    Yesterday with no changes made the audio suddenly stopped working - video OK.
    I checked cables, plugged old Minix box in using same cables and it worked perfectly. Checked sound over Bluetooth and it worked OK.
    Did a factory reset - still no audio via HDMI from any app, media player, ZDMC or SPMC.
    Any Ideas ??

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

It seems that the box and TV HDMI link out of the problem, try to change the HDMI cable.

3. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

I wish that was the problem - as you can see from my post, the cables are NOT the problem.
    The AV and TV are not the problem.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

What happens if you connect X6 directly to TV, without Sony AV in the middle?

5. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

I connected the X6 (and the X9s) directly to the TV and I now have audio - so thank you PacoRabanne & spring on the X9s posting for this suggestion.

Now I have to try and workout why old WDTV & Minix boxes work via the amp. But the Zidoo's pluged in using exactly the same cables don't.
    Maybe all HDMI cables are not the same - will buy a few more different bands and do some more testing.

Really appreciate the help Guys