Naming Convetions?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by flortz, Apr 23, 2021.

1. flortz

flortz New Member

Hi
    For my old Mediaplayer, I had to name the files:
    /movies
    /movies/movie.mkv
    and
    /tv series
    /tv series/Buffy – The Vampire Slayer (1997)/Season 01/Buffy – The Vampire Slayer (1997) - S02E03.mkv
    Is there something similar for Z1000 to help it getting better scraping results?
    Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

For movies, just the movie name as it appears in TMDB obviously omitting illegal characters - I generally find a dash works instead of a colon etc.

It sometimes struggles with names that are just numbers, eg 1917 and 2012, but they are easily identified in a rematch. So:

\\Movies\movieName\movieName.mkv

For disc images, just name the folder correctly.

For TV series, again, just the series name and episode number - don't add episode names as that just confuses the scraper, so:

\\TV Series\seriesName\seriesName - S**E**.mkv

flortz likes this.
  3. flortz

flortz New Member

Thank you I'll check out Tiny Media Manager. And yes, Buffy was a tipo.

Mabon likes this.
  4. flortz

flortz New Member

Thank you. I'll create the movieName folders and copy the movieName.mkv to it. I think, a little batch file will do the job.

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For the TV series, put all the episodes from all the seasons in the main folder of the show if you want to get a match with the automatic scan. If you keep the season folders, you will have to use the batch editing function for each TV Serie.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

It does with the settings by default of the automatic scan (so with TMDb I guess). However, I didn't try the "Episodes" option with TMDb.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021