Z1000 Pro: Occasional frame drops (short stuttering) on 1080p23 content

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by xliv, Apr 21, 2021.

1. xliv

xliv Member

I notice quite a lot of frame drops (very short stuttering) when playing 1080p23 content (mkv or Blu-ray ISO, same thing). I had some very rare frame drops with my previous Z1000 but I think they're much more frequent on the Z1000 pro. They're quite noticeable especially on panning scenes, and frequent enough to be annoying, it happens every couple of minutes.
    What's weird is that when playing a 4k movie, I see much less, if any.

My Z1000 Pro is connected through a Denon AVR X4400H to a JVC DLA-X7900, all capable of paying 23fps content smoothly.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? I keep on flashing new beta hoping that it'll get better, but no luck so far (I'm using the latest beta (6.2.5))

Note: I tried searching a little bit, and did not find similar report, sorry if I missed something.

2. xliv

xliv Member

Hi again, just checking if anyone is experiencing this kind of problems?
    If I'm the only one, maybe there's an issue with my configuration, or my setup...
    Many thanks!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In my experience this is definitely not something that's endemic to the 1619 players - first thing I'd do is stick one of the offending files on a USB stick and see if the stuttering occurs - trying to find out whether it's the setup of the files...

4. xliv

xliv Member

Hi Mark, sorry I see you answer only now.
    Ok I'll try with local files. But I feel like if it was an issue with file access, I would have the same behavior with 4k files, and it's not the case, only 1080p23 (mkv or ISO) have this problem.
    If I'm the only one seeing this, I fear it's some kind of HDMI sync problem between the Zidoo and my AVR.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've certainly never seen stuttering with 1080p23 files..