Z9X - some trailers are playing only first few seconds and then stops

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Miroslav Hrncir, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Miroslav Hrncir

Miroslav Hrncir New Member

I found one bug on Z9X (newest firmware):
    When the trailer is in MP4 format, it happens very often, that Z9X plays only first few seconds of this trailer and then it stops ( I mean the situation when I try to play the trailer from detail of the movie in Home Theatre from poster wall). Although when you are trying to play it using File explorer (not using poster wall), it plays normally and whole. Therefore it must be a bug in the movie detail environment in home theatre. This happens on many trailers (cca 80%), it doesnot matter where are they downloaded from (YT, HDtrailers, etc.) and it does not matter if I am accessing them using shared files over SMB from my NAS or using direct connection via SATA cable to the same HDD.

Solution is to remultiplex them to MKV. I created a script for it which remultiplex all *.mp4 and *.mov trailers to mkv and delete the original. I have seen that some people have reported same issue, therefore this should help to all of ya ;-)

The attached script detects all the files which contains "trailer" word in it's filename and have mp4 or mov extension. All of these are converted using mkvmerge.exe and after this the mp4 original is deleted. It works incl. subdirectories, put both files to your movies directory and it will do it for all subdirectories.

Attached Files:

Dama and Etienne like this.
  2. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I noticed that the trailers downloaded via TinyMediaManager do not work on the Zidoo. I downloaded the trailer via another program and for the same trailer it works.

3. Miroslav Hrncir

Could you please be more specific? I use TinyMediaManager for downloading trailers, therefore I would appreciate if you would be more specific ;-) thankd

4. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I am using alldebrid to download the trailers. With TinyMediaManager, the trailer does not work on Zidoo. With Alldebrid, the trailer works on Zidoo.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

6. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Yes, it's the Youtube trailer via TinyMediaManager that's the problem for me.

7. Miroslav Hrncir

TinyMediaManager can be used. You just have to remux files to MKVs. Its still easier for me (using my script posted above) than download each trailer manually ...

8. Pepek

Pepek New Member

does the picture only freeze and the sound keeps going?

9. Miroslav Hrncir

No, it will stop playing completely. Audio and video too.
    When I play the same file with the trailer using File Manager instead of Poster Wall movie detail, it plays fine. Therefore there is no problem with the file but with the PosterWall trailer player. When I convert the file to MKV, it starts working even in the Poster Wall.

Please, developers, fix this bug.