Formated to the internal storage device

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, Oct 15, 2016.

1. francishe

francishe Member

Hi, ziddo tech and everyone
    In the format setting, what is the function of "formated to the internal storage device" and how to use.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

It lets the box mound the sd card as internal storage and install apps on it. Some user reported this function as still bugged, format stops at 20%

3. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Yes. formats stop at 20%, and damaged sd cards or usb flash

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can fix it with some tools on windows. its not damaged, just the format fails

5. francishe

francishe Member

You are right. Always stays at 20%. I did once and once done my 64G U disk was reduced to 16G. Windows doesn't know how to work on it. I have used a small disk tool to have it return to NTFS. If still bugged, please advise not to try this function. I am not sure if everyone knows how to reformat it for devises other than x9s. So some one concluded it was damaged by formating.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you should be able to get it back to 64G. try AOMEI partition assistant bla bla. its free

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Or use https://www.partitionwizard.com/ Partition Wizzard Free 9.1 which is easy to use and excellent for free tool. Allows for FAT32, NTFS and even EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 formatting under Windows. Standard Windows/Unix/MAC tooling supports exFAT without a SD-Card size limit.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

The official site for sdcard is sdcard.org and they provide a simple tool sdformatter.

9. Nice Monkey

The official tool will use FAT32 which is by now probably the best universal format read on the widest range of devices but not very suitable for media players. FAT32 has a 4GB file size upper limit which many movies will supersede. It is still the recommended format for FW flashing.

For daily deployment I do recommend using exFAT (the new SD universal standard and factory default for SDXC), NTFS (Windows compatibility) or EXT2 (Unix compatibility) instead. It puzzles me why the tool (v4.0) still does not offer exFAT as it is the new default used by the same organization for SDXC cards being sold.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  10. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I totaly agree with you for exFAX and I use it. I use the small tool sdformatter to "repair" the card then reformat to exfat in windows.

11. JReis

JReis New Member

how do I do to install or move apps to the SD card?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you don't. wait for fix.

13. JReis

JReis New Member

Ok, ZzzzZzzzzzZzzzz
    This is a basic thing that should have been checked before sale.

14. Nice Monkey

The story as I understand it, just correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

In fact storage is a bit more complex with Android than any other OS as it knows Internal and External storage. Since Marshmallow/Nougat External got further divided up in Primary and Secondary Storage. Being one of the first media players running this OS, some initial flaws were to be expected.

Internal Storage: is storage that is not accessible by the user, except via installed apps (or by rooting their device). Example: data/data/app_packageName
    External Storage has two types:
    Primary External Storage: Removable shared storage accessible like Internal by APP's and Authorized Users
    Secondary External Storage: Removable universal accessible storage. Example: SD Card, USB-stick and HDD

Primary External storage can be used to store APP's and Data on in a secured way following OS rules and settings if formatted the right way. Hence the need for the special Internal Format utility doing so. Only this way the SD-Card can be used as a true extension for the Internal Storage. A negative side-effect is that APP's need to deal with the access specifics of Primary storage specially for writing to it.

When the SD-Card is formatted on a different device and next inserted it is Secondary External Storage. It will behave as an SD-Card always did with earlier Android OS generations.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  15. JReis

JReis New Member

Ok, I understand, I hope to find solution quickly. Thanks for the support in the forum.

16. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

I have the same issue after updating it to the latest FW release 1.4.12, trying to format internal with a supersonic rage 2 128gb thumb drive. It start at 60% goes to 80% then a popup says its a slow drive, really 400mbs reads 200mbs writes then it gives the option to migrate apps but the next button doesnt move the screen until you select move later shows up as portable storage .... I tried both USB 2 & 3 ports. I have a zidoo x8 please help

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  17. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Formatting the external option completes to 100% Grrrr......

18. john smith

john smith New Member

go to the internal setting and click on the format section then your internal storage device is the format.

I solved my ms office issue with this site
    MS Office Support
    you can try if you face the same issue.

Attached Files:

19. ethan john

ethan john New Member

Insert the formatted or the new SD card in the device. You should see a “Set UpSD card” Notification. Tap on 'setup SD card' in the insertion notification (or go to settings->storage->select card-> menu->format as internal) Select the 'internal storage' option, after have carefully read the warning.
    if anyone face printeer issue click here www.hptechnicalsupportphonenumber.com/blog/hp-printer-in-error-state/

20. ethan john

ethan john New Member

A feature called Adoptable Storage allows the Android OS to format an externalstorage media as a permanent internal storage. The data on the adopted SD card is encrypted and it can't be mounted on another device.Apr 23, 2017
    if anyone face printer issue click here hp printer error code 0x00759c98