Skype with logitech UAM14A CAM not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by dferregu, Dec 6, 2015.

1. dferregu

dferregu Member

Dear friends

I am testing skype with my old cam logitech UAM14A conected on USB OTG port but it do not work.

Skype is working, cam (video and audio mic) do not work. I listen but they do not see an do not listen me.

Firmware 025

Is there any way to install this logitech camera on zidoo x6 pro?

Thank you very much

2. haryk

haryk New Member

I have the same problem with my Logitech C525 webcam. I have tried both USB ports and several web-cam apps from play store.
    Maximum I was able to get was working microphone, but no video.

3. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we will check this problem.

4. Alex

Alex New Member

привет, у меня такая же проблема с камерой видео есть а звука нету, исправьте пожалуйста

5. Conrad Brown

Conrad Brown New Member

I just upgraded to FW 1.0.27. I have a Logitech C270. Video works great, but no audio. I've tried multiple apps but none can pick up any audio from the microphone embedded in the webcam. Any resolution for this?

6. spring

spring Guest

pls use the FW 1.0.30, it has fixed this bug.

7. Conrad Brown

Conrad Brown New Member

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I was trying to steer away from 1.0.30 until bugs were resolved.

8. Conrad Brown

Conrad Brown New Member

It works great now on 1.0.30! No issues with Kodi yet on the new FW either, so all seems to be well.

9. spring

spring Guest

10. dferregu

dferregu Member

I tested logitech UAM14a cam, and still not working. Any idea?

11. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    do you plug in some other MIC device?
    air remotion?

12. dferregu

dferregu Member

Hie,

Not other MIC device.

Yes i use air remote logitech on port OTG BUT I UNPLUGGED THE AIR REMOTE and i install cam on otg...

So only cam on otg port

13. spring

spring Guest

pls remove the air remote first to test it.
    use the FW 1.0.30

14. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

My webcam (Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000) and Keyboard (Jepssen Droid Wireless Keyboard Pad) are both connected to a USB Hub, that in turn is connected to X6 on the "non OTG" port, and both operate perfectly.
    During boot, webcam led blink some times, Skype recognize webcam and relevant internal mic.
    Keybord operate as espected.

Ok course with latest FW, 1.0.30.

About webcam, it must be UVC certified https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_video_device_class , but I didn't find yours in the lists I've found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USB_video_class_devices and http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#status

Good luck!

15. papiguy

papiguy Member

This camera works only in windows XP environment. Noway to make it working on Android sysrtem.
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/quickcam-communicate-stx-product

16. Conrad Brown

Conrad Brown New Member

I spoke too soon. My Logitech C270 is on the UVC list. I have video in the camera app. On FW 1.0.27 I had video in Skype but no audio. On FW 1.0.30 I have audio but now no video. Any chance if I upgrade to FW 1.0.32 I'll have both?

17. Numerus

Numerus New Member

1.0.32, Logitech c270, no audio in Skype. Please help!

18. PacoRabanne

Yesterday I had a Skype video call, reception af audo and video was ok (indeed a little too loud, and volume control are not effective for Skype), video preview window OK, audio send OK, but at the other side no video, only rolling circle...
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

Very bad Android Skype problem?
    Video preview window was too tall, like a 16/9 stretched to 4/3...

19. spring

spring Guest

hi, this is maybe the net speed problem.
    the skype have the video, but did not send to other side.

20. PacoRabanne

Hi spring and welcome back!
    I don't think depends on net speed, Skype on my PC works as expected (good enough, but absolutely far from something like iOS FaceTime...), and even on my old Samsung Galaxy S II.
    Currently Android Skype app is not a TV Box app, interface is not made to be used with remote like X6 one, and maybe for other similar boxes.
    I don't know if you, with support from Microsoft, are able to make a custom version (as the ones made for TV sets by some like some TV manufacturer.
    Anyway is very strange that webcam image is captured by Skype (preview window even distorted shows real time image from webcam), but converser doesn't receive video...
    Nothing terrible, is only a pity :(.
    I can survive!;)