HDMI splitter ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gamin, Jul 21, 2017.

1. gamin

gamin New Member

Hello everyone.

Happy owner of 2 Zidoo X9S (have to bought a second one for my sister's familly : definately the best Android box I've ever had), I'm looking for a good working HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 splitter. I need it because I recently bought the Sony MDR-HW700DS home cinema headphone and its receiver is only capable of HDMI 1.4, which doesn't work at all with 4K HDR videos. And using the optical SPDIF output is not enough as it doesn't support HD format at all (stucked in DTS and DD5.1). So, I need to split the HDMI signal out of my X9S to plug one on my 4K TV and the other one on my headphone's receiver?

There are many splitters available around, and it seems to be a real jungle when I read customers' reviews. They claim to be 4K, but looks like no one of the cheapest (40€ max) will do the job. The only one that seems to be really doing what I want is the Pulse Eight splitter. Problem : price is the same as my X9S, which I can't accept for a simple splitter.

Anyone of you have ever tested a cheap working one ? If yes, which one ? If possible, easily available on the european market, on Amazon or such a reseller.

Thanks in advance for reading and eventually providing good advice ;)

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I did search something like you, but what you need is not a splitter since splitter will downgrade 4K to HD (output of splitter is the lowest of the two). One solution would be HDfury device where you can output one 4K and one HD for sound receiver but price is high. HDury is actualy launching new product and have presale price.

Reference from HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps product.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. gamin

gamin New Member

Yes, I saw those HDFury. But they are actually expensive, at least compared to the price of the X9S.

4. Sarco

I don't know any other way to do it, maybe someone else...

5. Sarco

There is also ARC solution but never use it since every device I own have problem wtih it (tv, home theater, media device)

6. gamin

gamin New Member

Just seen the new AVR Key 18Gbps from HDFury, and it seems to be exactly what I need (1 HDMI in/2 HDMI out video AND audio, and HDMI 2.0 compliant). But expected in mid-october for 149$ !

ARC solution ? Related to the HDMI ARC port I have on all my Sony devices ? Got a Sony 4K TV and a Sony Sound Bar, and the sound bar is connected on the HDMI/ARC port of the TV. Bravia Sync working great (CEC), and audio signal is going thru this. But it has to be HDMI 2.0 for 4K content. My old soundbar, also a Sony, was HDMI 1.4, and I've never been able to get any 4 signal with it.

7. Sarco

And arc only support dolby 5.1

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    maybe you can choice ZIDOO-X20:)
    X20接口丝印效果图.jpg

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

10. gamin

gamin New Member

I know, I've seen the X20 and it's exactly what I need. Got exactly the same HDMI connectors configuration on my Blu-Ray player (Sony UBP-X800) and it's providing the audio signal directly to the receiver of my headphone.

Problem is : I need a splitter, not a new media machine. X9S is exactly what I need/want, so no need to buy the latest product.

EDIT :

Sorry Nice Monkey, I didn't read about that H10 splitter. Looks like it's exactly what I'm gonna need, just like the HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps. Hope it will cheaper the this one...

Thanks for the info, I completely missed it.

11. gamin

gamin New Member

OK guys, looks like I've found the splitter I was looking for. Ordered many of those available on Amazon to test, but only one is doing the job : the Cablesson HDelity 1×2 HDMI 2.0 Splitter WITH EDID (18G) (ASIN B06WV7HVLZ on both Amazon.de and Amazon.fr).

[​IMG]

Most revelant thing I've learned : if there's no 18Gbps in the spec, forget about the splitter if you want to keep HDR and 4K. All other models that claims to be 4K HDR compatible with HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2 just don't handle the HDR signal. With this one, it's just exactly what I want. Input is the HDMI Out of my X9S. Output 1 is connected to my 4K TV, and signal is HDR without any problem. Output 2 is connected to my MDR-HW700DS, and every audio signal are ok, even Dolby Atmos (real surprise as this receiver is only capable of DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD max).

For less than 50€, it's not bad compared to HDFury prices !

Too soon to know if this is good quality material, but I'll tell you for sure.

Next thing to try : can this cut the HDCP signal of my ISP TV Box ? Will test later this week.

12. Nice Monkey

According specs it should be capable to split HDMI also to 2 combined Video+Audio HDMI out (e.g. 2x TV or Projector + TV) .
    No idea if this can be with 2 different resolutions or not. Most won't do that. Can you test that too?

13. gamin

gamin New Member

I confirm : can't split the signal to 2 different resolutions. Tried on another TV which is only fullHD and no signal if set to 4K on the X9S. 1080p on both, no problem of course.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Thanks for sharing. Still a nice unit for the going price.

15. gamin

gamin New Member

Exactly what I think. Nice unit for such a price. I'm totally convinced. I'm just laughing because of this :

[​IMG]

Designed in Oxford - United Kingdom, certainly, but still made in China :p

Anyway, no lies anywhere. Specs are correct, and job is done like as expected.

16. panoles

panoles New Member

The Egreat H10 is available on Amazon as well already.