using UHD2000 with external DSD DAC

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by NG Siu Ming, Mar 31, 2020.

1. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Can I use UHD2000 as a music player to transfer digital signal through usb to external DAC? THX.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

See here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/uhd2000-vs-x20pro-sound-bugs.67396/
    It includes testing some Music Player APP's on it and as you can see USB Audio Player Pro does not work with the internal DAC but yes with an External USB DAC. This APP comes with an extensive list of USB DAC's which were verified to work.

So the answer is yes provided you use an additional APP for that as Zidoo Music Player 5 won't work with it. We did not try if HibyMusic works too finding a choice of DAC's?

It would be appreciated if you add any practical (sound) experiences running via an External USB DAC to that topic.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  3. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Thanks for Nice monkey reply. I got it.

4. Nice Monkey

It was a pleasure. Don't forget to let us know your experiences. Obviously we are interested in those too.

5. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Ok, but actually, I not yet buy hud2000, and just looking for a media player to play movice and play music with my ud-501. Anyway, I will let you know my decision and the result.

6. Nice Monkey

If you plan to use that DAC I would buy myself a Zidoo Z1000 instead.

The UHD2000 should produce a similar quality sound using its internal DAC. A lot easier to use that way having it build-in.

7. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Sound suggestion. but how a bout video quality is also the same?

8. Nice Monkey

Identical!

9. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Hi, Nice Monkey,
    Thanks for your advice.
    I follow your advice to buy a Z1000. The video quality is fine for me.
    But, I found a problem because I can't found some app in the play store with Z1000, such as hiby music, Neflex, teac hr player, onkey player. Could you tell me how can you install Hiby in your Zisoo media player.
    Thanks a lot.

10. Nice Monkey

You need to look for these APK's elsewhere as Google does not want us to run most APP's on a media player (=Android Leanback).
    They have different policies for Android versions running on Smart-Phones, Android Leanback (media players) and Android TV (TV's with Powered by Android logo). Android TV can technically perfectly run on media players but it is simply not allowed to do so (just facilitated for Google partners).

HibyMusic can be found directly on their site to be installed on the player and smartphone in Client/Server mode. You can also look for Google Play Store APK's on a PC and next push them to be installed on the media player, that works for some APK's. Ignore a potential conflict if mentioned.

Be careful with other sites publishing APK's as they typically install other things too, which at least I don't like at all.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  11. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Well noted. Very detailed.
    Thank you so much for your advice.
    Let me try.
    So luck with your help.

12. NG Siu Ming

NG Siu Ming New Member

Nice Monkey,
    Thank you very much. All problems were solved.