some feedback - v2.2.82

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by Gyarmati Csaba, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Gyarmati Csaba

Gyarmati Csaba New Member

Hi,
    first of all. The new firmware is great, big thanks.

But I have some problem - I use HDMI - CEC functions - Auto power on from TV.
    Cannot re-connect to netwrok drives (SMB) after auto power on from tv. (need a reboot, after restart connect work well)

The display of Z10 stay totally black(a machine working) after auto power ON in some cases.

The machine freeze when TV go Off ( not to often, I'm not sure, I think this happend if a Zidoo playing movie while TV goes OFF )

When I use the new mobil remote controll app, fast foward and manually stopped it, then a FF2x stay on the Tv screen under normal playing.

thx
    csaba

2. kestasm

kestasm New Member

Hi,
    I was watching FullHD rip - Alita Battle Angel.
    I crashed maybe 4-5 times at Home Theater with popup window - Stop App or Wait app (Something like this). And no reaction, black screen, just the LED clock and just pull out the socket.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Not fixed.

4. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

I have noticed a serious issue on HDR material as well.
    I have a Z10 and Apple TV 4k through Sony Soundbar HT-ZF9 connected to oled LG 55 C8 as my current setup.
    Darker zones are too dark loosing fine details while on apple tv same zones are lighter and you can see finer details and brighter zones remain the same on both devices.
    So far I have flashed 1.7.8, 2.2.61 and finally 2.2.82 with no changes on this matter. On apple tv, infuse media player was used.
    I think this is a serious issue and should be fixed asap.
    You can check here the difference between both players here
    I have seen this on all hdr material tested and above is from movie: Dragged.Across.Concrete.2018.INTERNAL.HDR.2160p.WEB.H265-DEFLATE.mkv

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  5. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

A quick fix for this problem is that switching HDMI range mode from default Auto value to 16-235 (Display - Color Settings).

6. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

When outputting to a TV the HDMI range should always be 16-235. The Zidoo box on auto should detect correctly but if it doesn't then it can be set manually, as you have found.