Only codec H264?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by masterlogic, Jul 20, 2019.

1. masterlogic

masterlogic New Member

I have the Zidoo Z9s. I've noticed that it only plays files with the codec H264. Is this true? Can not play other codecs?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no. the player will decode way more than just H264, search for Antutu Video Tester.apk and do a test yourself.

3. masterlogic

masterlogic New Member

Thank you very much for the link, I will try it soon.
    With Final Cut Pro I exported the same movie with the codec H264, DV, DVCPRO50, Apple ProRes 422 and some more. For some reason the native player of Zidoo only reads the one with codec H264. I installed the VLC app on my Z9s. VLC reads it absolutely everything.
    Something strange is happening to me.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure about the codesc you listed. never used something like that. my movies are H264 or H265

5. masterlogic

masterlogic New Member

I have tried the codec H265 and mpeg-4 and both can be seen well with the native player. Other codecs such as ProRes can not be seen. I do not understand much but I think it could be because they are Apple's exclusive codecs and they are not as used as for example H264.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, that sounds like apple to me. can you play them with a windows pc ?
    VLC may decode that format using software decoding

7. masterlogic

masterlogic New Member

[QUOTE = "HaoSs, post: 91401, miembro: 2362"] yah, eso me suena una manzana. ¿Puedes jugar con una pc con Windows?
    VLC puede decodificar ese formato usando decodificación de software [/ QUOTE]

No es realmente necesario. Tengo VLC instalado en el Zidoo como jugador. VLC lee todo, incluidos todos estos codecs de Apple. Es el jugador nativo de Zidoo quien no los lee. :(. Si no se ve una película con el reproductor Zidoo, la abre desde VLC y listo. Esperamos que el reproductor Zidoo nativo tenga las mismas capacidades de reproducción que VLC.