kodi 18.2 on x9s running latest 2.1.25

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by francishe, May 8, 2019.

1. francishe

francishe Member

Have tried to install Kodi 18.2 on x9s running the latest firmaware 2.1.25. Problems as follows:
    1. automatic exits after a few seconds running;
    2. can't exit by clicking the exit buttom. no response;

Then returned to 17.6 the same version with zdmc. Problem came:
    Not smb nor nfs could succeed in connecting to my media server, always showing "connection timeout" while my poster or file manager could stay connected with my server.
    Did anyone experience the above problems and how get resolved? thx

2. looun

looun Member

Again.... Kodi NOT support realtek soc inside zidoo player.
    Use home teather 2.0 Is much Better.

3. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Well known problem on some KODI versions. You have to use "add network resource" instead of "Windows SMB" like here:
    <https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Adding_Remote_sources>

4. francishe

francishe Member

Thx, gentlemen. A very bad news just becourse i observed some of the video files can't be well played by HT 2.0 but kodi can. For smb or nfs sharing, I did as you advised but did not work, always connection timeout. kodi 18.2 worked well on smb and nfs but kept crashing.

5. tosh123

tosh123 Member

If the timout results from WLAN performance, you can try the advancedsettings-trick to tune the buffers:
    <https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache#Kodi_v17_changes>
    Example 4 works well

6. francishe

francishe Member

7. francishe

francishe Member

My media server is on Freenas 11.2 U1. I am not sure which smb version it is running. Kodi runs smb v1 and might not find smb if my freenas runs versions above v1.

8. francishe

francishe Member

After trying for a couple of days, the first problem remainded unsolved due to the new os itself. The second has been resolved by going back to kodi 17.xx. But for users connecting to freenas 11.2 or above, you should change smb version back to version 1 for freenas runs version 2 min and 3 max since 18, resulting in "connection timeout" between freenas and kodi 17.xx. Form 18, kodi upgrades smb version to 2. So no connection problems between any version of kodi and freenas if you can run kodi 18 uncrashed on x9s.