mediaset premium play app not running with ethernet

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by maxfratin, Mar 25, 2016.

1. maxfratin

maxfratin New Member

Hi all!
    I am new member and I have a problem.
    Two days ago I received my zidoo X6 pro box.
    When I powered it on and connected it to the ethernet LAN, the firmware upgrade to 1.0.33 release started imemdiately.
    Later on I installed the Mediaset Premium Play app (Netflix style) and when iI tried to launch it, from the app screen, it immediately came back to app screen, practically without openining!

I thought it was a problem of expliciting rooting (here there are many posts about this), but even after I installed supersu app, I've got the same behavior.

Then I thought that the rooting should be hidden, so I downloaded the HideMyRoot App, setting it to Hide the rooting: again the same behavior for Mediset Premium App.

Note: in all the above behavior, wifi and bluetooth was disabled, only ethernet connectin was present.

Finally, I switched off the ethernet connection and enabled the wifi one: FINALLY THE MEDISET PREMIUM PLAY APP OPENED!
    But I get back the message: "SOrry, since your device is rooted, we cannot deliver you the service" (Netflix like service).

So now, I have two problem:

1) Why Mediaset Premium Play App doen not work with ethernet connection (X6 pro not even opened it)?

2)Why, even with hidden rooting (realized with HideMyRootApp), the Mediaset Premium Play app does not deliver the streaming media content?

Thank you in advance guys!

Kind Regards

2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Many apps are programmed for phones or mobile devices and simply refuse to run over what they believe are non-wifi mobile network connections which can incur charges or different data caps. If you are lucky, there will be a wifi-only setting in the app that you can turn off. FYI, SuperSU Pro has a setting to temporarily hide root that you can use before launcihng any stubborn apps.

3. maxfratin

maxfratin New Member

Thank You Harlan! I am going to try with supersuPro...so I suppose no way to let app run on ethernet, unless there is a switch button built in in the app menu right?

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Right. The quick fix is to turn on your WiFi for stubborn apps and complain to Mediaset tech support about their lack of support for Android systems with Ethernet.

5. maxfratin

maxfratin New Member

Ok Guys, I downloaded the SuperSUPro app and try to hide supersu.
    BUT:
    1)the SuperSuPro app at its opening is telling me the following: "the su binary needs to be updated, please press continue to normal update or check if you need to reboot to update via cwm|twrk mode, rebootin that mode". I click on normal and after 2 mins I have back the following:"Update Failed! Reboot and retry!". If I rebbot in cwm|twrk, i het stucke din that mode (maybe should I download an update package for Supersu?)
    2)The superSu Option "Hide rooting" is selectable, but not working. Basically mediaset app is still reading a "rooting" system under her.

Any idea on number 1? maybe Shoudl I remove the supersu app an reinstall a new one (updated)?
    Regarding number 2...I think it is a consequence of number 1...do you agree?

Thank you in advance, as usual, for your support.

KR

PS Bartolomeo ho iniziato una conversazione con te sulle app in streaming...aspettando le risposte del forum, sentiamoci là...magari riusciamo a capire perchè non vanno... CIAO!

6. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I don't run my Zidoo boxes rooted, but I think you need to run the SuperSU "Reinstall - Cleanup for reinstallation from Google Play" menu item AND then reboot your box manually, BEFORE you try to reinstall SuperSU from the play store. Since you don't have a custom recovery installed, don't select the CWM/TWRK option.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    PacoRabanne likes this.
  7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not joking, sell it to me at a (very) good price.
    [non sto scherzando, vendilo a me ad un (molto) buon prezzo]

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    some app is used in iphone, so the app detect the HDMI and the ethernet, and close itself directly.
    and now, we have develop a app to deception the HDMI.
    and the ethernet, you can insert the it and then open the wifi, the app will detect the wifi have opened.

9. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Hi

Can you share the app when finished?

Here is Xposed framework module to trick Android to think ethernet conection is actually a wifi connection
    then lots more streaming apps that only work on phones without ethernet connection can also work on tv boxes if users are using ethernet and have no wifi connection.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-fake-wifi-connection-t2800416
    https://github.com/lemonsqueeze/FakeWifiConnection
    But since Xposed framework don't work on Rockchip Lollipop, maybe an app can also be made for that by looking at source code of this app and how they do it, then it can be combined with your 'fake HDMI state' app or you can try to make a separate app?

Maybe also
    • Root check disabler - can now be used on any rooted device
    • ADB check disabler - can now be used while ADB debugging mode is enabled

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016