Netflix HD plus Kodi/SPMC (or similar) plus passtrought SPIF

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Carlos Ribeiro, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Carlos Ribeiro

Carlos Ribeiro New Member

Hi all:

I have an old Minix X7 and I am thinking in upgrading my box. So I am thinking on this box because:
    - I want a normal Android Box.
    - I need a RJ45 connection
    - I need a SPIF connection
    - I would like to have Netflix FullHD (not 4K) with 5.1 sound (DTS/DD?)
    - I would like to use Kodi with Passtrough using SPIF and with DD5.1 and DTS 5.1. My A/V receiver does not support more.
    - I use Kodi to read movies from NFS.

So, can this box support this? I read rumours about:
    - Netflix HD could not work. Work on last firmware version?
    - Kodi with Passtrough on SPIF - Works?

Does some one have a configuration like this?

With my best regards and thanks for the help

Carlos

2. rread13

rread13 New Member

Carlos,

My personal experience with the Zidoo H6 Pro I was never able to get Netflix HD with DD 5.1 Audio to work. No matter what Hacked/Modded app I tried. Netflix security measure somehow prevent NON approved hardware. I only had 5.1 audio from using Kodi and getting all the setting turned on.

I still own it but have put it back in the box and moth balled it to the closet (retired it!). I bought a Nvidia Shield and have nothing but great things to say about it. If you have not bought the Zidoo yet, take and do yourself a favor and pass on it and buy a Shield while they are still being promotion priced for the Holidays.

Rick

3. Carlos Ribeiro

Carlos Ribeiro New Member

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. After some reading i move on and I bought the Xiaomi Mi BoX S and I am very satisfied with it. I have Netflix FullHD, Kodi is working with passtrough with DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1-MA, have mini-TOSLINK ( I did not read that on any review) so it's working well for the price. NVIDEA is another league :)

Thanks.

A good Christmas