Forget wifi network

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Gert-Jan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan New Member

Hi,

I got 2 wireless networks, one 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network.
    Both network are setup on my X6.

The problem is that the X6 randomly chooses between the 2.4Ghz network and the 5Ghz network at startup.
    I want the box to connect to my 5Ghz network so I tried to "Forget" the 2.4 Ghz network.
    When I do this the network is no longer setup on the X6 until I power it of and power it on again.

What can I do the permanently forgot the 2.4Ghz network?

Greeting
    Gert-Jan

2. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hogdex.WifiRuler or you can password protect your 2.4Ghz network so Android isn't set up with the password to connect automatically.

3. Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan New Member

Hi Cobra

I've tried your suggestion but the problem is still there.

Any other suggestions?

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Re: Any other suggestions?

If changing the password and telling it to forget don't work, then you can always just rename your WiFi router. The old WiFi settings will no longer be within range or available. On Netgear and most other dual band routers, you can use different names and passwords to keep your 2.4 and 5GHz devices segregated.

5. Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan New Member

Hi Harlan

Why should I change anything on my wifi network while this is a clear Zidoo problem?

6. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Re: Why should I change anything on my wifi network while this is a clear Zidoo problem?

Agreed, but you were asking for other suggestions in the meantime. I have a half dozen Android mobile devices and boxes, with various OEM "connection optimizer" features built-in. They automatically switch to the best available data network or strongest signal. Sometimes that becomes an annoying bug, and not a desirable feature., If that's the case, you can always adopt the self-help solution that I described.

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

8. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I'd be satisfied if they could just manage to get poorly-coded apps, like Google Street View, to recognize and use my 10/100Mbps Ethernet connection to the Internet. I literally have to disable Ethernet and turn on my (unwanted and congested) WiFi connection to get Street View to work.

9. pjm

pjm Member

Why do you think its the Zidoo's problem?

It appears you have set up your wifi access point to have the same SSID and same password on both the 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz bands
    If so, then this is what you need to fix.

10. Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan New Member

Actually my access point has different SSID for both networks.
    So that is not the problem.

11. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Gert-Jan, why do you not take some very simple advise and that is "FORGET" the SSID you do not want to use...

kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape town; South Africa)

12. Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan New Member

Hi cyber7

Thank you for the simple advice but if tou had read my original post you would have seen that i already ried that.

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

gert-jan - to "forget" the 2.4 ghz network try to do a longer rightklick on it and then "clear" or "delete" this wifi connection - do not have the right word now here
    then only the 5.0 ghz connection will be used
    i have here both connections too - and even with the same ssid and the same passwort it will not log into the other network
    which router do you have?

14. jonnyv

jonnyv New Member

Can you actually see your 5ghz network.i can only see 2.4ghz when i scan available networks.. My laptop and Ipad sees both and i can select either network easily.
    My U-M8 sees both networks and auto selects - i cannot select which one but when i check it normally shows it is using 5ghz.

15. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

jonnyv - some devices cannot handle 5.0 ghz, so they "see" only 2.4 ghz - those which can handle both "see" both :) even if they have the same ssid, because those are two differenz wifi-networks.
    in my fritz-box i can switch each of them off, so it is possible to use only 2.4 ghz or only 5.0 ghz
    normaly here it takes this network which had been connected the last time, and only if this is to bad or not available it tries to take the other one here

16. jonnyv

jonnyv New Member

Hi friend, my point is that my zidoo x6 pro is not showing my 5 ghz network while other recievers do. I have 1.0.33 firmware.

update: just turned on my zidoo and it is now showing both networks and has connected to 5 ghz.Over the weekend i tried many times deleting networks and reinstalling without success.something must have have saved when i rebooted just now but i dont know what .

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016