Brand new X6 Pro today...Kodi question

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Joescarbrough, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

So today I got my X6 and immediately upgraded the firmware to the new version release a day or two ago, 33. I've gone into Kodi and see that no real addons have been included. I do see Kodi is version 16 which is a good sign, but I just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything. Does the X6 come with a pre-configured version of Kodi or is it just a brand new clean installation of version 16? Even though it's named ZDMC....

Thank you and I apologize for being such a noob I'm sure this question is addressed frequently, but after a basic search I didn't see an answer.

Thanks Joe

2. Paulus

Paulus Member

ZDMC is Kodi 16 (Jarvis), but with some "not visible" customizations, specially related to HW optimizations and RK3368 features.
    So, at the end, this should work (on Zidoo X6) better then original Kodi. And this is also the reason why it is advised against to install the GPlay Kodi.

By the way, starting with this new firmware ZDMC should have also solved some issued related to Kodi plugin installation.

And welcome in this forum, Joe.

3. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

OK excellent. I am actually very happy it doesn't come loaded with a bunch of junk. It's always a pain to uninstall and disable 100 addons.

This is my 3rd rk3368 box and it really shines compared to the others. Also it was the least expensive, which is nice too.

Thanks again!

cyber7 likes this.
  4. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we did not install any pulg in default.

cyber7 likes this.
  5. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

Thanks. I went with the Ares Wizard, then picked the Chris D build and Aeon Nux skin, but I'm not really happy with the amount of addons that Chris D has in his build.

Deciding if I'll keep it or go back to minimum install....

Anyone else have a nice clean build?

6. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

By adding a build, that doesn't disable any of the customization by Zidoo for Kodi right?

7. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

thx a lot that you changed it :)

cyber7 likes this.
  8. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Paulus said that "not visible" changes had been made to Kodi so the rk3368 would perform better. I'm making sure by adding a build I havent ruined those changes.

9. Paulus

Paulus Member

For sure no issue with addon. If these builds don't touch Kodi "system" app no problem.
    By the way, if for any reason you mess up ZDMC/Kodi you can find a clean apk of it downloading the X6 OTA FW file (lastest) and unzip it. Within it you fill find ZDMC ready to be installed on X6 (of course, you have to unistall the broken Kodi before !).
    Just to recap, ZDMC is a "clean, Zidoo hw only customized Kodi 16", with no other stuffs.

10. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

Excellent, that answers my questions.

By the way, this box is excellent. I have another box with the rk3368 that is a very high end box. If I look at the CPU load within Kodi on my Zidoo box, it's half of what is being used by the other box, with the same CPU. I'm only using 8 - 10% on Zidoo, my other box with the rk3368 uses around 20%. Very impressive. Same apps, identical setup.

11. Mikekiel25

Mikekiel25 New Member

look up paradox build for kodi. it's very clean and looks nice.. isn't jammed with addons and stuff that don't work..

12. JasonMonette

JasonMonette New Member

I have build for my clients that is very minimal. Geared toward streaming tv and movies....with a furk account.