No more video!...:-(

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Smarty, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Smarty

Smarty New Member

I'm running the latest firmware .33.
    Yesterday I swithed from one wallsocket tot another and now it seems like HDMI doesn't display video anymore.
    Normally the box is conected trough a receiver, zo I tried it conected directly tot my TV, but still no video.
    It looks like it boots up fine, looking at the blue led. And it looks like it still shuts down after 5 seconds after pressing the power button.
    I tried the reset button to reset it and display button tot change the resolution, but nothing helps...:(

Please advice!
    I only got to enjoy the box for 2 weeks...:(

Harlan likes this.
  2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Have you tried your X6 on another HDMI input or on another HDTV? It sounds like you had a different power on sequence of your devices when you swapped wall outlets that caused an HDMI handshake error. In some cases it can be the port on the TV that needs to be rebooted or reset to factory defaults.

3. Smarty

Smarty New Member

I don't have another tv, but I tried it with a different HDMI cable on a diffent HDMI port on my tv...same result.
    My old media player still works fine on the same setup as I tried with the zidoo box.
    There must be something wrong with the zidoo box.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo team, is there a easy way to reset HDMI output on an X6 Pro box in a "standard" state or something like "Windows recovery mode" ?
    To Smarty: have your TV a analog video imput, solething like a SCART or a Composite one?
    In this case you need a special cable (usual supplied with old TV Box device with both HDMI and composite outlut, like my old WDTV), and connect X6 and TV with it. If video is displayed, with the help of Zidoo Team you can check what is wrong od failed.

5. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    can you take a pictrue for me, and i can check what problem.

6. PacoRabanne

As far as I've understand, Smarty X6 HDMI output give no screen at all, or screen black. But I'm not sure...

Smarty, could you be more specific and detailed?

7. Smarty

Smarty New Member

Hi, the box doesn't display picture at all. TV and receiver both display 'no signaal'.
    So there is no visible screen at all.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. Smarty

Smarty New Member

Sorry I don't have cable like that. And as far as I know HDMI is a digital signal, scart and composite are analoge, so you need a converter for this tot work. But the box doesn't give any display signaal anymore, TV and receiver display 'no signaal'.

9. PacoRabanne

Smarty, X6 has a composite analog output (rear jack named CVBS), I'm sure because I use it.
    Anyway seems that you need help from Zidoo.

10. Smarty

Smarty New Member

Sorry didn't know that, but thanks for trying to help!

I hope zidoo has a solution to my problem.

11. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    when you press the display button, it will 720p to 1080p, can you press power man times?

12. PacoRabanne

Sorry, spring, but I don't understand what you mean.

Which display button? Where is it?

And "can you press power man times" you mean "can you press the power button on X6 remote many times" or "can you press the power button on TV remote many times" ?

Sorry, I always remember that english is not your nor mine native language, but exactly for this, we need to be the most clear and detailed we can when writing in this forum.
    Please, be patient with me... :)

13. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

On the remote, the display button for changing from 720p to 1080p. I think when pressing that key you could try to turn on and off the tv to hand shake... but not sure.

14. Smarty

Smarty New Member

I allready tried the display button on the remote, but that doesn't solve the problem either.
    Besides this I don't know what you mean by pressing the 'power man times'...

Also remember that it was working fine before changing the powersocket.

I also managed to find soms kind of CVBS cable, but I'm nog sure it is the right one. It is from my very old nokia phone. At one end it has kind of a earphone like connector and on the other end it has a composite (yellow) and two connectors for audio (red and white).
    I connected the zidoo box using the CVBS output to my TV just using the composite connector, but still no picture...:(

15. AlexeyXP

AlexeyXP New Member

Dear Zidoo Team,
    I Zidoo X6 Pro, in IP-TV mode does not play the video, the player is trying to boot and hangs. attached log files from the player.
    I updated to version 1.0.33.

Attached Files:

16. PacoRabanne

Smarty, this is a (french) map of the possible cable connection, I've highlighted the one right for X6 (shame on Zidoo for not giving us neither the cable schematic), checked and used by me.
    Translation: Masse = Ground , Droite is right, so RED, Gauche is left so WHITE, and Vidéo of course is YELLOW.
    upload_2016-3-1_23-49-6.png

bodyzen and HaoSs like this.
  17. Smarty

Smarty New Member

OK if I have read the diagram right, I should use the white/left/gauche connector as it is originally a Nokia cable. In this case it should work as the composite/yellow connector.

I'll give it a try this evening!

18. Smarty

Smarty New Member

Hi Alexey, that's a whole different problem maybe you should post it in a new thread.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  19. Smarty

Smarty New Member

SOOOOOOOO HAPPY:D

The CVBS cable trick did the job for me.
    I connected the cable using the white connector...and...tada I had picture!
    Did a Factory reset and reconnected the HDMI cable and there it was...I had a picture again!
    Had to configure EVERYTHING but that was worth it!

A great big THX!!! to PacoRabanne for the CVBS cable idea and the cable schematic picture...and a little luck from me that I saved the cable from my first Nokia phone;) Without that cable and no picture at all it would be near impossible to Factory reset the zidoo box.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  20. PacoRabanne

You're welcome! :)