X9 learning remote

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Kurt, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

The remote control that comes with the X9 is a learning remote.
    Does anyone know how to make it learn?

I have successfully learned the TV power command, but can not get the volume commands to work.
    Looking around on this forum I found the below instructions..
    I have no 'settings' button on my remote. I assume this means the 4 'tv control' buttons on the top.
    Has anyone got the volume settings programmed?

thanks
    Kurt

1. Long press the “SETTING”button on the TV BOX RC for about 5s, until the red indicator light of RC from the flicker to the long bright state, it is entering a state of learning now;

2. Press on the Learning key(TV/AV, volume up+,volume down-) what you need to learn on the TV RC, the red indicator light flashes(slowly flashes), this is in the receiving state of learning ;

3. One hand keeps the learning TV RC, keeping a face-to-face state with the TV BOX RC,which is about 3-5mm distance between them. Then press the key you need to learn;

4. After learning, the red indicator light will flash 3 times quickly then keep long bright, you can choose other learning keys to learn later;

5. If failure to learn, the red indicator light will flash 5 times, then should return to the learning state, and repeat steps 2-4;

6. After learning, press any other key beyond the TV RC area to exit the learning state, and the red indicator light go out. During learning, waiting for more than 15s at any time, it will automatically exit the learning state.

sjn01 likes this.
  2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Try tv control on/off as setting and volume+ or - after

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks but not sure what you mean..
    If I hold the power for about 5 seconds or so, it goes into the learning mode.
    But pressing the Vol + or - buttons never goes into the learning mode (tried for up to about a minute)

Thanks
    Kurt

4. Ndavid11

Ndavid11 New Member

The learning button is always turn off/on the steps are:

1. press turn on/off button until the red button is on
    2. press the button in the zidoo rc that you want to learn and then keep face to face with the tv remote control and then press the key you need to learn (tv remote control)
    3. follow the same steps to learn the others buttons

always to enter to learning mode is pressing the turn on/off button until the red led is on

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks but mine dont seem to be working like this.
    1. press turn on/off button until the red button is on<<<< If you mean the big red power button on the top, no matter how many times or how long I press it, the red light never comes on. It always flashes green light

The only button I can program is the 'programmable power button'
    All the others can not get into the programmable state where the red light will allow you to get into learning mode (by staying lit for a short period of time rather than blinking)

6. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Just received my box. I have programmed the power button so far .. haven't tried the other buttons .. But are the numbers on the remote programmable? seems not.. what are they used for??

7. frolix8

frolix8 New Member

All 4 buttons of TV control are programmable, I learned all 4 buttons, work well (not others, on others buttons, the remote exit program key mode)

1. press (5/6 sec.) on/off button of tv control (gray button) until the red led is on (remote is in program key mode)
    2. press (short) a gray button on zidoo rc of tv control panel that you want to learn (red led blinking) and then keep face to face with the tv remote control and then press the key you need to learn (tv remote control), if OK the green led should blink 1 time & red led return to on
    3. follow the same steps (step 2) to learn others buttons (until red led is on, remote is always in program key mode)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Yup thx. What about the numbers buttons? What are they used for? Would have been useful if they were programmable too.