1080p videos stutter on Fast scenes

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Vegeta_UK, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

Hi,

don't know if this is just me, but when watching ANY 1080p content there are very noticeable slowdowns on scenes with fast-moving action (or faster moving action, doesn't necessarily need to be superfast movement). Have tried with and without acceleration enabled, and doesn't seem to make any difference. Also, despite being on 1.0.27, I still seem to be experiencing audio sync issues.

Anyone else?

2. dorol

dorol Member

Same here.

Vegeta_UK likes this.
  3. spring

spring Guest

do you use kodi or native player?

4. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

Using X6 customised Kodi (can't use native player as it doesn't find any of my files via SMB)

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hi Vegeta_UK, are your SMB share on a Windows device or on another kind of (NAS, *nix, etc...) ?
    In my configuration, Windows 10 shares over WiFi network, the native player of X6 access perfectly these shares, of course giving it the right username and password.
    I'm sorry I'm not able to check other configurations.
    P.S. is a pity that native player can't access also uPnP/DLNA devices... should be only to add a Open Source library, like the ones used in this Open Source App: https://github.com/KernelCrap/android-dlna

6. dorol

dorol Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

My shares are on a USB hard drive plugged into my router. The X6 can identify and find the router as a device, and can see all the folders on the device, but when opening any of the folders they are all empty.

8. PacoRabanne

Could you try to connect your USB HDD to your PC (of course connected on the same network), share the drive itself in Windows, and do the same test?
    In one thread I've read that there are some problems if in a folder there are too much files (or too big?).
    In my case my files are deeply organized, ad any folder doesn't contain more then some dozen of files, or only subfolders.

9. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

Tried it, and again the native player sees the hard drive, then nothing else within it. Correct username and password are entered.

10. PacoRabanne

Try to put a non FHD/UHD (I mean SD - 480 or HD - 720) video file in a dedicated directory on your HDD, and check if this is seen by X6.
    If not, is a very strange situation, mine works.
    Else, if will be seen, we must ask Zidoo to solve the issue.

11. dorol

dorol Member

Reported this few weeks ago - samba shares not working in native player/ media center.
    Nobody cares.

12. PacoRabanne

Windows (10) Shares works in my environment.
    I can access it from native player and also from Kodi.
    No Samba share to test, sorry.

Strange situation... I hope new FW release delay depends on a lot of bugs Zidoo want to resolve before.
    I can wait, but seems that a lot of client are very unsatisfied...

13. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

can confirm this issue..does not work for me too !!