Streaming from NAS not possible BUFFER Problems!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by furchtlos76, Oct 8, 2018.

1. furchtlos76

furchtlos76 New Member

With my new X9s i want to watch x256 and 3D BR Isos. Did all the latest updates, even did a back to factory settings. With teh external player used by ZDMC it is not possible to watch anything smooth. The Picture freezes for some seconds every some minutes. Turning off external player and using ZDMC internal it works, but 3D isos do not work with this. Looks like there is no Video Buffer at all, or the Ethernet chip got a problem. Having unifi switches here with a synology nas. STreaming from other boxes works well. Any idea?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) use home theater 2.0 for 3D
    2) playback may depends also on the Level , x265 has different tiers and levels ( from 1 to 6.2 ) i know 4.1 works fine for a normal movie, but sure about higher levels or 3D. i think the max for this box is L5.1 ? never tested
    3) i assume you are on wired connection ?

" The HEVC standard defines two tiers, Main and High, and thirteen levels. A level is a set of constraints for a bitstream. For levels below level 4 only the Main tier is allowed. The Main tier is a lower tier than the High tier. The tiers were made to deal with applications that differ in terms of their maximum bit rate. The Main tier was designed for most applications while the High tier was designed for very demanding applications. A decoder that conforms to a given tier/level is required to be capable of decoding all bitstreams that are encoded for that tier/level and for all lower tiers/levels"

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. furchtlos76

furchtlos76 New Member

Thanks for the reply, will try this

1) Thought ZDMC is using the same player if external player is tunred on?
    2) I am unsing DVDfab for my blurays to backup, so need to check what settings are in there
    3) Yes gigabit. Will put some files on a USb Drive tonight to test, maybe it is not Networkspeed but another problem while decoding. Encoding does work ias i guess, as the movies play, but they puase every 1-2 minuts for some seconds, like there is a Buffering Problem on Network!?

What i dont get, if i play with ZDMC internal player it works. Same like on a Minix Andorid box (that one is not able to play 3D so the ziddo should be the replacement for it for me), but with the zidoo player there seems to be no Buffering at all, that was what i thought does the problems.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

The implementation between ZDMC and external player is broken for most, that's why i suggest using home theater 2.0 for external player,