Resolved HDMI IN no signal when AV/TV is off

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by joeblk1, Feb 8, 2018.

1. joeblk1

joeblk1 New Member

I'm trying to use HDMI IN function to record some TV shows, but I dont want AV/TV on during the recording. Now the problem is when AV/TV is off, HDMI IN will not see any signal, turning the AV/TV back on will also bring back the HDMI IN signal.

The box is not in standby mode, CPU/WIFI still works fine, only HDMI-IN cannot get any signal.

Any one else has the same issue? Any work arounds?

I'm on latest firmware 2.0.5. HDMI CEC is off.

The problem does related to the HDMI OUT signal detection. HDMI IN will be off when HDMI OUT is off. The workaround is to cheat HDMI OUT signal state, to make it always ON.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

What is your source? You certainly do not make it clear what AV/TV is. It that is your source then certainly if you turn it
    off it will kill the signal. If you are talking about the picture being displayed what you are recording and don't want to look
    at it, put a towel over it to cover the picture.

3. joeblk1

joeblk1 New Member

The source is another IPTV box with HDMI out, Zidoo x9s HDMI out connects to the receiver's HDMI inport, the receiver will drain a lot of power and very hot, and I only need to record the TV at late night.
    I just dont understand why HDMI-IN signal is lost when there's no HDMI output for Zidoo x9s.

4. donny

donny Member

Hi ,I think that some signal passes from hdmi, in the synchrony of devices or it stops for a fraction of a second.
    I record from the satellite receiver which is connected to the Hdmi IN. I discovered that I have to turn off the TV from the main button and not from the remote control, because the recording is interrupted immediately, but afterwards I can not turn on the TV monitor without interrupting the recording in progress.It's been a while since I've no longer upgraded whith new firmware.