X9S 4K 1080p & Scale screen Problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by grigione, Nov 1, 2017.

1. grigione

grigione New Member

Hello to everyone,I'm new for this forum.I've a problem with X9S (1.4.12 firmware release) player,when I play a 4K movie by ZDMC 17.4 the Tv system (LG 4K TV) switch automatically to 1080p 29 fps (fps funcion of movie type...) but ZDMC info display 4K information!!!is it a bug of Android 6.0?will be it fixed in next firmware release??Also,I have noted a problem with screen scale,when I use screen scale funcion (android settings) it's impossible perfectly centre red borders on the screen by arrows keys,in few word it's impossible perfectly fill all all screnn tv area and remains always small lateral black border on the screen,will be it implement a fine control for scale screen in the next release?Thank you in advance for your answers.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

android tv boxes have some problems with resolution switching, for 4k i suggest setting the HDMI manually to 4k, using zidoo media center for best picture quality/playback,
    also i don't know of any problems related to the scale function not center properly. Did you try it trough quick settings one or zdmc one ? ( can't remember witch one is red, but i know zdmc also has a scale setting )

3. grigione

grigione New Member

I tried to set screen scale by control panel on Android settings and the red lines appears when you press arrows keys (expand/comprime area screen),but the four red lines are not perfectly centred on the full screen and because four read lines determine limits of full area that will be displayed on the screen when I set scale the screen area wiil be not perfectly centered on tv display. What are the numerical parameters that I must set manually for 4k resolution?Thanks

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

under quick settings where you have the HDMI settings, can't remember the path right but you have a handfull of settings anyway, impossible to miss

can you post a picture with the red line problem thing ?

5. grigione

grigione New Member

I have tried to adjust screen scale by quick settings and I have setted it to 97% to display Android interface without cropping on screen ,If I set it to 100% then happen a cropping when apps comes to display on the screen.It's normal to set screen scale to 97%?I have 43" screen tv.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

On my LG OLED 55B6D with 100% scaling the screen is perfectly centered and full (red frame is perfectly sized and aligned with real screen borders, no cropping at all).
    I had similar problem in the past only with an analog TV, of course connected with composite output and not via HDMI.

7. grigione

grigione New Member

I'm on LG LED 43"" HDMI input (Resolution : Auto) and if I set scale to 100% there are cropping!!!!Only if I set scale 97% I can see applications without cropping.What's the problem?

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

my samsung TV is set to 96% .

9. grigione

grigione New Member

Ok...I presume that resize value depends on screen area tv and resolution ...tv 55" is different from 43" or 32"

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Seem so... very strange!