External player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Angelos_A, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

Hello to everyone. I've just realized that the interface of the player when I'm streaming a video in zdmc (the option for the external player is already enabled) is the same of when the same option is disabled. Also when I'mopening the video's menu I have always as default player the video player and not zidoo player. Is this an issue?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Sorry,only play local video file can by zidoo player,Online video play by ZDMC.
    thansk

3. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Why? You can make the online services can be played external zidoo player? What's the problem with that?

4. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

First, thank you for your answer. i would like also to ask you why it's so difficult to play online videos with external player. Is it an issue of kodi?

5. n_p

n_p Active Member

The "problem" is, that Kodis own player is much more integrated into kodis streaming ecosystem than any external player ever could be. For some external players, direct urls to videos are playable - but Kodi Addons often do much more than just find an http video url (getting the right referrer, identifying as as certain browser, forwarding protocols that arent http in the first place, handling part stream playlists, ...)...

Also it would be a REALLY dumb thing to do to optimize this for your personal worry of "what do all those buttons do" - because the native Kodi Players User Interface is literally better than the Zidoo player in every way.

So two answers.

1. It would be a stupidly hard thing to get it (web stream playback) working nearly as seamlessly as it does in the native Kodi player. Probably even beyond the capabilities of Zidoos dev team. Many more "why doesnt this work?" questions would pop up.

2. Zidoos player is worse in every way than maybe 4K HDR playback and iso navigation. Including the UI. So just because you want a simpler interface, doesnt mean people should cater to those needs.

Zidoos PR folks can thank me later, for telling you those reasons. They never would have. :) (PR, you know...)

6. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

Thank you for your answer n_p. In addition x9s for me is a very good box that things like this look minor demands. The main thing is to work flawlessly without major issues