Subtitle - external srt file

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by trendkill, Aug 24, 2017.

1. trendkill

trendkill New Member

hi
    there is a sirious problem!!
    when you put an external srt file in the same name of the movie file on all the streamers the subtitle should load automaticly
    on my zidoo x9s the subtitle doesnt load automaticly and every time you play a movie you need to go to the subtitle menu and choose the ext. subtitle file
    it is frustrating !!
    when you play the movie it always choose the english subtitle by default (my prefered language is hebrew)
    please help to fix it !!
    firmware 1.4.8

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry, but I don't agree with your opinion at all. I DON'T want the player (you mean Zidoo Player) shows everytime subtitles with same filename if presente in the same folder.
    This is frustrating for me!

But it's absolutely OK if this behaviour is applied only if in some part of the player setup is set something like "always shows subtitles (if present)".
    Maybe this is already present in current Zidoo player.

This is my own opinion.

3. trendkill

trendkill New Member

so what your saying is tat every time i play a movie file , ihave to get into the subtitle menu and choose the external srt all over again ???
    as it always chooses the english subtitle as a default no matter what i do
    if somebody dont want the external srt to load automaticly so he can choose not to put the external file in the folder

4. Martyprod

Martyprod New Member

Hi, Sorry Paco, but on this one Trendkill is right. the external Srt file must have the priority on any internal subtitles. It's like that for many many many videos applications or media player. at least, it would be smart for Zidoo to put a setting like "external file as priority on Load" or something !

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry, I mean something different.
    I prefer to be able to choose (configure in Player) once for all if I want subtitles to be show if present (internal or external priority is another matter, and a reasonable request to Zidoo) or not.
    Then there must be, as now, the possibility to change it (enable, disable, choose which if more then one) during playing with a button or a menu.
    But, as already said, is my opinion.
    But I don't insist on.

6. Martyprod

Martyprod New Member

This is working only if all the subtitles inside a Mkv or or an another file which support several subtitles (Mt2s etc...) are correctly tagged (en = english, fre = french, etc...), if it isn't , it will not work unfortunatly, that's where is the importance of setting a priority.
    as you said, best is to have an option like
    - external subtitle by default if present
    - Enable or disable Ext Subtitle (like you said)
    - Langage by default (external or internal), as in external file, we can have for example en.srt , fre.srt, etc.... some player take this in consideration but other doesn't. Don't know where to do such a request to Zidoo.

7. trendkill

trendkill New Member

my point is that every streamer out there always put external subtitle files with the same name as the movie file in priority
    its ovious that if a user put an srt subtitle file in the same movie dir he wants it to be played automaticly!!
    all the major player in windows Media player/ BSplayer \ VLC player plays external srt file automaticly if they have the same name as the movie file
    please ziddo support make it happen for us
    i know there is a big request for that option
    thanks in advance:)

Martyprod likes this.
  8. Martyprod

Martyprod New Member

Absolutly ! i join my voice to your request ! :)

trendkill likes this.