Movian

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by tibcsi0407, Aug 24, 2015.

1. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

I have a PS3 with custom firmware and there is a very good and simple movie player app with plugin, network playing etc. support, called Movian. I think they are planning to port the player to Android (it's already on OS/X, Ubuntu, Rpi and PS3). I would suggest to Zidoo to contact them and help to port it to Zidoo players.
    This could be help to be a little bit different from the other players on the market. I think with Zdcodec it could be a light but useful player.
    https://movian.tv/projects/movian/wiki/Features

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    thanks.
    We will pay attention to this project.

3. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

Thanks. I've wrote a post on their forums for asking and Android port. I think if some forum members ask from here too, then they will do it.
    So, I would like to ask the guys/girls here for writing requests for Android port.

4. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

Adl likes this.
  5. spring

spring Guest

6. Adl

Adl Member

movian is old stuff.

7. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

Yes it's very old. The latest version is one day old on my Playstation :D
    It looks different now. It has a New gui and some New functions. You should te it on Linux or on Rpi
    It' still under development and get a lot of updates and improvements almost every Day of you use the test version.
    This software has a lot of potential.

8. csgabe

csgabe New Member

9. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

Works fine until 720p. I've tried 1080p video but that's very laggy. But this is just a beta and maybe need some extra optimisation for X1.