Which Player to use and settings recommended

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mr starface, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mr starface

mr starface New Member

Just setup my X9S with my network shares, setup through my 4k amp to 4k tv.

Generally everything seems fine but a few questions...

Can you only view blu ray menus using Movie Theater?

I have some HEVC MP4 files that either play with a green screen in all players, anyone else see issues like this? Also some 4K HEVC MKV files that do no play in any players at all which is a shame as I thought from reviews this player could cope with all of these file types?

What are the recommended settings to get the best out of the unit and playback most content flawlessly?

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first thing. are you on latest firmware ? zidoo media center should perform the best , for playback test i'd say try local playback first for best results.

3. mr starface

mr starface New Member

Thanks am on the latest firmware, just updated today. Can I set zidoo media center to be the default player in zdmc? OK will try off a usb stick to see if that makes a difference.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

on 17.1 beta. you can. Keep in mind that some function may not work when you compare to direct playback trough zidoo media center

5. mr starface

mr starface New Member

Will look at upgrading zdmc. Providing the connection is ok the same files should work via network as a usb device attached to the zidoo?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes, my x9s runs from a samba share from x10, GB network. 0 playback problem, only used high bitrate 264 1080p tho.

7. mr starface

mr starface New Member

Would be interested to see if others are managing to play similar 4k hevc files and through which player.

8. mr starface

mr starface New Member

OK so I updated zdmc and now can play the files both locally and via the network which is fantastic! Some blu ray menus do not work for some reason and just plays main title but thats not a disaster I guess.

One question I did have was if I am playing files which are plain 1080p how can I stop the zidoo trying to upscale as when I check my TV it says the resolution is 4k?

Thanks for your help so far