Resolved ZDMC + external player play nothing trough SMB

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Icy, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Icy

Icy New Member

Hi,
    ZDMC can't play files trough SMB with the external player...
    When i launch a movie or tv show, the screen goes black, with a whirling "loading video" then it stop and go back to ZDMC. Whatever the movie/show is (mainly 1080p mkv format)

The same files run well using an attached usb key. (and the external player)
    The same files are also playing when launched trough smb with the file explorer on the home screen or via the HomeTheater app.
    Zdmc display the technical info of the file(format), and a screenshot. The scrapper works fine too. So the file can be read.

ZDMC is configured to run the external player.
    All the media are accessed by SMB (located on a Windows 10 pc), via Ethernet. Everything can be browsed, both within ZDMC or with the explorer on the Zidoo home screen, there are no security pbm (user/pwd)

Already tried with 1.3.0 (stock with 16.x), 1.4.4 and 1.4.6 (zdmc 17.1).
    I try to reset the ZDMC movie database, or clear the app setting but it changed nothing...
    It work when the "use external player" setting is off.

Any idea how to run smb file with ZDMC and the external player?
    Is there any log file i can access (what is the path exactly, when connectinf with putty)
    Thx.

2. Icy

Icy New Member

Finaly found how make it work : with SMB you should use the target IP and not the name
    ex
    don't use : smb://WORKGROUP/PC_NAME
    use : sbm://192.168.1.X/

HaoSs likes this.