When will Zidoo X9 get the version 15 or 15.1 update of kodi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Scott, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Scott

Scott Member

Will we ever see a newer version of Kodi for this box ?
    Why would I buy the X6 box if this box can't be updated to a new version of Kodi ?

I am not the only person wanting a newer version of Kodi since 14.2 was released almost a year ago and now version 15 is final why not update to something newer ????

2. Neil Little

Neil Little New Member

Why not delete the zidoo branded kodi (via app manager)? then go to the google playstore and install Kodi (15.1 or .2) from there? I got my X9 yesterday and this is exactly what I did. It worked smoothly, with no issues. Let me know if you have any other questions.

3. Dokter Tekno

Dokter Tekno New Member

Nice Info, I Will Try

4. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

That's a little oversimplified: It really depends on what you're using Kodi for. With the default settings using general content, it should out of the box. For those who want to attach a receiver to hear more than stereo audio, you're out of luck...

5. papiguy

papiguy Member

6. Tech_10

Tech_10 New Member

You don't have to delete the version of Kodi that comes with the box. I have a MXV and it is not as powerful as the Zidoo X9, that I'm in process of getting and all I did is just download Kodi to my computer copy it to my phone download section and then sent it to the MXV via Bluetooth and install from there. Then i configure all my addons and all work perfectly. One issue though, is that the video acceleration, when set to all three acceleration, the videos are played in upper left corner and audio is very good. When I unchecked the Amalogic acceleration, and left the other two checked, the videos plays full screen but the audio is not digital as when I have the Amologic acceleration checked.

Anyone who have an idea of how to let the video play normally with all three acceleration checked, please let me know. Again, I'm using MXV and would like to get the video issue sort out, since I'm planning on putting the MXV in bedroom and place Zidoo X9 in living room when I do get it.