solved - what happened with ATMOS?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by smartbrother, Jan 15, 2017.

1. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

In Zidoo player I dont have any Dolby Atmos support anymore.
    My AV Receiver always just shows me that it receives a True HD signal.
    Before it was always working...
    It is not due to the new firmware as I had the issue before, but also the new firmware didnt correct it...
    Can anyone help?

2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

did you have the problem also in v1.2.7 ?

3. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    does your AV support ATMOS?
    does your video file is ATMOS or the TRUE-HD?

4. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

yes my receiver does suppor atmos and the movies are in Atmos.
    (this is the reason why i bought this box and this AV receiver)

Before my receiver directly showed "Atmos", now it only shows "True-HD". (and you definately hear the difference)
    Last time i watched a movie in atmos is maybe 2 weeks ago, there it was working.
    Yesterday I tried the new atmos demonstration disc, and it didnt work. Then I installed the 1.2.10 and still didnt work.
    So i dont think its a problem of the firmware... was there maybe anything else updated in the meantime?

5. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    which model of you AV?
    we use the DENON AVR-X1200W, and play the "Mad Max Fury Road 2015 3D BluRay 1080p avc TrueHD7.1 Atmos-9011@MTeam", and it can display atmos.
    upload_2017-1-17_9-49-14.png

6. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

sorry, guys, was my mistake... i somehow changed to DTS:X in the movie mode... at least now i know that it does not automatically recognize Atmos and therefor doesnt change to Atmos automatically...
    but anyhow it is working and was no fault of the ZIDOO player...
    sorry for the inconvenience ;)

7. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Hi guys, sorry to bother.
    Glad that you guys solved the Dolby Atmos issue and but I wish to seek for your advise how I can get this problem solved.

I've the same problem in which the X9s player switches all my Dolby Atmos media to TrueHD.

I've got my ZDMC v16.1 set with audio pass-through & setting X9s's HDMI Audio output with RAW and connected my X9s with my Marantz SR6010 AVR through HDMI 1.4 cable.
    I can't see any audio option in my X9s show Dolby Atmos beside Dolby TrueHD even the media file is confirmed with Atmos.
    Same time the AVR also detected only TrueHD signal.

Is this because of the HDMI cable v1.4 or I do not have Atmos speaker connected with AVR or any other suspicious ?

Hope to hear you guys advise.

8. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

If your don't have at least a 5.x.2 speaker setup (connected to receiver) then Atmos will not show, instead it will say TrueHD. So if 5.1 or 7.1 layout it says TrueHD, 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 or more then you will see Atmos on your receiver.

9. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive feedback. Well noted.