Base resolution 3840x2160 instead 1920×1080

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Igor!, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Igor!

Igor! New Member

Hello!

By default, the TV-box has FullHD resolution. In the HDMI settings, I can change this, but this will not change the basic resolution. Geekbench and others claim that the screen resolution is 1080. How to set UltraHD by default?

What do I need to do to play YouTube 2160p from TV-box?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i know the youtube addon under kodi is able to play 4k content, with some tweeks

3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Not sure if this helps you rest assure.......

My X9S is manually set to 2160p 60Hz, ZDMC/Kodi confirms it in the System info tab, but Geekbench 4 says its 1080p! Not sure what it means, but I have a feeling that either Geekbench 4 is not able to handle 2160p, or not able to report it properly. I know the X9S output is really 2160p, because I watch stunning 4K demo videos and you can really tell the difference in resolution. On the other hand, even though the HDMI is manually set to 2160p, not sure if the Apps can override that to a lower resolution for the duration of that active App.

Update..... I use the browser to view sony and samsung 4k video from youtube with no issue....of course, you have to manually set the quality to 2160p within youtube. Also, you may need to set the browser to "request desktop format"

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. Igor!

Igor! New Member

Thanks! I know about this workaround.

The reason in the system parameters of firmware X9S - the basic resolution is set to 1080. Geekbench and YouTube (app) through the Android API reads the system parameter and sets the maximum resolution to 1080p, despite the fact that the HDMI parameter is set to 2160p.

I would like comments from developers.
    Thanks in advance!

5. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

If you don't use HDMI-in can try to set wm to 3840x2160 via adb
    I didn't check if all apps work proper.

Code:
    adb connect <ip_player>
    wm size 3840x2160
    wm density 480
    rm -R /data/data/com.google.android.youtube
    reboot
    [​IMG]

Restore to normal wm size & density
    Code:
    adb connect <ip_player>
    wm size reset
    wm density reset
    reboot

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Igor! likes this.
  6. Igor!

Igor! New Member

Code:
    wm size
    Physical size: 1920x1080
    Override size: 3840x2160
    wm density
    Physical density: 240
    Override density: 480

Unfortunately, this method slows down the GUI main menu and does`t affect the YouTube for Android TV.

7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

YouTube for Android TV is limited on Google site/firmware for 1080p/MP4 and 720p60/VP9 for RTD1295 device.
    Are only few device, running certificate Android TV, DRM L1 witch support YouTube for Android TV with 4K streaming.

Pelayo likes this.