Z9X Pro - Unable to Passthrough 96KHz Audio in Jellyfin Android Client

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Forrest, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Forrest

Forrest New Member

Ok so I have tried searching for this issue, but haven't been able to find anything concrete.

When attempting to play 96KHz FLAC files on my Jellyfin server I noticed every single output regardless of media defaulting to 48KHz. The only thing I could find online was some speculation that AndroidTV resamples everything to 48KHz, but that some external players are able to bypass this. I tested that theory by using MP7 to play a couple files I loaded up onto a USB drive. It worked! But I still want to use the Jellyfin client to interact with my media...

This is where it gets weird. If I play a file using MP7 that is a higher sample rate FIRST then go into Jellyfin and play something of the same higher sample rate, it passes the 96KHz via HDMI just fine. Then as soon as you play something lower, it'll go back to resampling to 48KHz...

Does anyone know of a way for the Jellyfin client to play native sample rates without the fuss OR somehow use MP7 for playback similar to an external player?

2. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

most third party apps cant output anything other than 48Khz due to Android limitations (other than on devices where the devs can get more hardware access, like RAW mode etc)
    You can try using the Jellyfin Kodi integration (the modified setup for ZDMC available on this forum) and you might get somewhere else? but I think that is aimed at video only.

I just have my media mapped in ZDMC manually and it plays everything including high res and multichannel just fine.

3. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

So you can get 44.1 khz using ZDMC?

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Actually I just tested and I only get 44.1 and 88.2 in encoded files that output raw like dolby truehd and dtshd, not pcm files.

It works in kodi on a shield using the default IEC audio driver, that's what I was using previously and never double checked on the zidoo since I mostly use it for surround atmos rips.

Guess I'm sticking with the shield for music for now.

Oldpainless likes this.