Access SATA Drive from Android

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Dun74, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Dun74

Dun74 New Member

Hi,
    I am using a 3.5" SATA Drive and a 2.5" usb drive connected on the X9S.
    I can see and share both on OpenWRT (Samba...), but in Android I can only see the external USB.
    Is there a way to see it ?
    There is 2 2To NTFS partitions on the SATA and 1To NTFS on the USB.
    I managed to access my videos from zbmc using the smb share but it would be better to access it directly.
    Best regards
    Julien

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Look around in the forum, issue already explained and solved... Only one partition, better if GPT.

3. Dun74

Dun74 New Member

Ok, thanks, I searched the forum without success.
    I can't repartition my drive so I will live with this.

4. Prafull

Prafull New Member

Dear Friends ! I need help ! I am a new member and got X9s. Hooked SATA 2.5 Disk to it with some file. I do not know now how to access this SATA drive from my laptop. I can see this in X9S and watch movies in it. whenever i have to transfer file i need to take out SATA drive from X9s put casing with USB and then connect to laptop to transfer files. Is this the right way? or there is some other way where i do not need to take out SATA drive out of cable from Zidoo X9s? Sorry for my bad technical language. Please give me step by step instruction so that i can do it!!

5. Dun74

Dun74 New Member

You can share it with samba in openwrt or FTP in openwrt, then it will be available on your network.

6. Prafull

Prafull New Member

Thank you !! Accessing ipaddress \drive name in window 10 helped me reach that location

7. flyingpeter

flyingpeter New Member

Hey Dun74.

Already solved your issue?

I'm having the same issue here. I am exploring my x9s as deep as i can. And now its time to NAS part.

I attach my sata disk to my x9s, i go to 127.0.0.1 and make login at openwrt. After that i go to mount points and i am unable to click on it. Does some one else has this problem?
    I realize that if i do this in another device i can click on it... just my zidoo x9s... maybe some html5 or browser comparibility... no? I didnt test other browser yet. Just chrome.

After i enter on mount point menu. i am unable to find my sata disk when i click add mount. But i can watch it when i add a swap...

I logged by ssh and i typed "blkid". I can see it there on /dev/sda1... but i unable to mount it manualy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

8. Dun74

Dun74 New Member

Hi,
    Yes. I solved my problem by re-formating the drive.
    In the openwrt admin web console you can see the mount point but you can't access the drive from there.
    Then you need to open a windows explorer or osx finder and connect to the share with //IP/Share_Point

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

an older video i made about samba and ftp, should be uploaded in 5-10 minutes

10. yangzj81999

yangzj81999 New Member

Do you connect zidoo to router with cable?

Cuz I use wifi and got only half your speed copying files. Wifi should be 433Mbps, that's more than 50MBps, and cable should be 1000Mbps, but yours is around 35MBps, mine is only like 15MBps.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

depends on the router, that speed is trough AC wifi, but my router has 4 external AC antennas and its 1.5m away from the box. Trough cable i have 113 MB. You will never hit max speed's on wifi , ever

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  12. yangzj81999

yangzj81999 New Member

My router is Netgear R7000, 3 external antennas, should handle 433Mbps just fine, and both pc and box within 3 meters range. Bottleneck should be the box, I'll try cable later.
    Thanks!

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

are you sure you are using the 5 ghz network ? you should hit much higher speeds

14. yangzj81999

yangzj81999 New Member

Yep, pc and box both connected to the 5G network, transmission affects the speed a lot, I've tried pausing all transmission jobs, but the highest speed I hit was 18MBps.