Eversolo DMP A-6 formidable as a streamer - as a DAC a looser

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Mister L, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

Ideally you should use a milli volt meter at the outputs ( .1dB) of both components and compare unsighted if you know which you are listening to then all bets are off.
    You might select the same dac filter option too.
    Keith

2. surr3a1

surr3a1 Member

I understand what you're saying and agree with it 100% but you know its less than ideal world and I am just a simple user, not a professional.

3. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

Not my experience.
    Don't understand that at all!
    Running DMP-A6 into ADI-2, I couldn't reliably tell any dramatic difference.
    That's what I plan to do with mine, I just haven't put it up for sale, yet.

4. octavius

octavius Member

I also have an interesting RME ADI 2 DAC FS mainly because of the headphone output. I also have Eversolo connected COAX cable to ADI 2 DAC. I tried to compare the sound with each other several times and the sound is totally the same! I can't imagine someone can hear differences.

5. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

I didn’t try coax, I tried the usb connection. I couldn’t reliably hear a difference.

octavius likes this.
  6. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

The RME ADI series are packed with some very useful features they are extremely versatile, measure well and their designer states in the manual that external power supplies will not make the slightest difference.
    What’s not to like.
    Keith

octavius likes this.
  7. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

True. I am not knocking the RME series, it’s very likely one of the most configurable consumer priced DACs you can buy. However, if you don’t use the extra features, and don’t need a headphone amp, then a less complex and cheaper DAC will do the job very well.

Purité Audio likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Why would you?!? You are using the ADI's DAC...

9. octavius

octavius Member

Yes Nutul. For listening I have use dac in eversol. I'm using RME dac only for headphone. They are very transparent both.