hdd 3,5 noisy

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by luca luca, Mar 30, 2024.

1. luca luca

luca luca New Member

Ciao, ho inserito un HDD interno nel mio Zidoo Z 20 Pro, un Seagate Exos 7AE8 8TB, funziona regolarmente ma fa dei clic, è normale? Grazie

2. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I have some of those in my file server, they're 7200rpm and not really built for silence to begin with, they're louder than my WD Reds or Seagate Ironwolf drives.

I put an SSD into my Z2600 because even across the room I found the HDD annoying, even with a 5400rpm disk.

3. luca luca

luca luca New Member

Grazie per la risposta, mi puoi consigliare un hdd da mettere nel mio zidoo?marca e modello grazie ciao

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I cant really recommend any specific drives, but you don't need the fastest highest grade disks.

Maybe try a 5400RPM drive they do tend to be quieter in terms of motor noise, or look at using a NAS for storage to eliminate the noise entirely.

5. luca luca

luca luca New Member

6. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Western Digital Red Pro 14TB or under are quiet(er) than Exos.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have Seagate 16TB Exos open external sitting on the top Zidoo Z9X with small rubber feet. It used to be much louder when scrolling through the Home Theater posters. There were some improvements to hard drive access done in recent firmware (over the last year). It's much better now. If you have recent firmware then this is as good as it gets. The rest is the hard drive type. I can hear the drives but it's not to the point of being annoyed or destructed. My projector fan and dynamic shutter make louder noise.

8. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I have a Seagate Exos X18 16tb in my z2000 pro for over 6 months and it's super quiet. Much better then WD red I had.