Z9X Pro Freezes, Z2000 plays fine

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Jbmeth007, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Hello all,

Ive had the Z2000 for about a month and a half now. Evrything seems ok with playback.

atmos etc…. Off NAS.

I decided to get a z9X pro for another room. And it freezes on every title at random spots.. TrueHD drops out and video slows to approx 1-2 FPs same network same tv. What gives?

both on 1.0.75

2. imeDB

imeDB New Member

hi!
    try to switch them between the rooms
    it could be the network - wire or wi-fi?

3. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Sorry, shoulda clarified.

they are hardwired. I took the connections to the z2000 and placed them in the z9x pro. To eliminate any other variables. Same settings besides the obvious fan setting on the z2000.

gotta bunch of testing to do. I cant make it freeze on demand. It happens at random times. But never on the z2000

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

sounds like network

you might have a cat 3 or 5 cable or jack in the line slowing it down
    someone a month back in here had similar ,was positive it was all cat 6 ,but when he rechecked it was one old cat 3 cable slowing him down

on the slow one the z9x go to browser in home and search and run a dslspeedtest ,should be able to get close to your network speeds

5. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Not a network issue. Like mentioned perviously the z2000 works just fine. If it were a network issue then the z2000 would experience same problem.

The same exact hdmi cable, ethernet cable, and connection topology z2000>yamaha a6a>LG C1 is used for the z9x pro. Streaming data off the same server, same login. I even went as far as taking the Yamaha out of the mix. Reverting factory firmware and updating to 1.0.65 , 1.0.75 of both google and non google flavors.. the z2000 works, the z9x pro doesn't.

packing it back up.

6. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I get freezes every second show I try to watch, no matter what show it is or which hard drive it is on, it will still freeze, I have my hard drives plugged directly into the z9x. It also turns on some drives while leaving others powered down and not recognized till I get up, walk across the room, flick the switch at the back, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.it is seriously pathetic.

7. xskip

xskip Active Member