Analog pass through issues

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by LameImpala, Mar 18, 2024.

1. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

Have a rega p6 > phono preamp > Eversolo a8 > Denon AVR all analog

I tried passthrough but get a lot of crackling and distortion. Any idea why this would be occurring. It plays fine with pass through turned off at 0 db.

2. benma

benma Member

Factory reset?

3. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

I mean, it’s brand new and has been updated.

4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

Phono stage overloading the pre?
    Keith

Glerup71 likes this.
  5. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

Great idea. I’ll lower is by a few db’s and try it again. Appreciate the responses.

6. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

I have changed my phone stage to 40 db, which is the lowest I can go. However, I noticed the rca output is +10db. How can I change that?

Attached Files:

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe clicking the cogwheel to the right of "Output parameters (analog-RCA)" reveals some settings.

8. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

I believe the preamp has by design 10dB of gain which is fairly standard.
    Keith

9. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

If I go direct from phono preamp to my Avr it sounds fine. If I go phono preamp to A8 w/ pass through, I get a lot of distortion? Not sure why.

10. benma

benma Member

If possible, connect your A8 with connected phono preamp and enabled passthrough option to another amplifier.

11. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

The passthrough option is still a problem for me, even when using digital source. Almost like a popping noise in the midrange. I guess the +10 db is not liked by my AVR input?

12. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

it's like the passthrough is pumping too much juice to the analog inputs of the AVR. There is popping that is just killer for my speakers. These are brand new Martin Logan's and have never heard this, except for the passthrough mode.